[Impressions] Post-POST-(K701)-Initial impressions

DeNL82

Post POST? Wtfruitcake?

It was 2007(damn, 2009 already? damn), and I just HAD to get me a K701.

Being that God is too great, I got them!!!

Being that God is even GREATER THAN THAT, I had the DT 880'250'05 on hands to compare the TWO headphones at the same time...which resulted in the K701 being sold after 220-250(I forget, Sowwy) hours of conventional and pink noise burn-in.

Well, WHY did I sell them so soon?

Not only did I find the K701's soundstage less natural than the DT 880's(albeit, noticeably bigger than the latter can's soundstage), but the bass heft was seriously missing in the AKG TOTL can. As a born-to-play video gamer. Did I find this lack of lower range "power," suitable for me? No doubt, I did not.

That explains the "POST" description of the(yet to be mentioned:palm:) K701 initial Impressions.

So, what exactly does the "post" adjective indicate...in this thread's title? Right;D. So before I went upstairs to clean the fridge, I was just too anxious to not "fill myself with HIGH-end AWESOMENESS" before I got down to the nitty gritty "LOW"-end work of cleaning the food store'er. I mean, who wouldn't be anxious after...having to wait from Thursday (of last week) until today(Thursday), for a headphone to arrive from the VERY next(U.S.A) State. Wtfruitcake, you only had to wait *1* week for a headphone to travel a few 361 Miles???

Ahh, we're finally getting closer to the post-POST-(K701)- initial impressions.

You see, I had just given up the MOST PERFECT headphone I've been blessed to own. THE Beyerdynamic DT 150. Being too happy to forget the true reasons I've been a staunch headphone user for a little less than half of my life...I decided to do a fellow Human Being a favor and give him The DT 150's(grr, still haven't shipped his cables yet!!!) in lieu of Him having to Sacrifice his ownership of the DT 770's, in the form of a "FT." Then came da speakers, in LIEU of a derth of a usable headphone on hand.

Ohhhhh noooooooo! NO WONDER I was a staunch headphone user for yearzzz.

The speakers won my ears for a while...by the virtue of having great volume potential. Yes, they WOULD win that way -- quite obviously -- RIGHT? But can two rear, consumer grade speakers and a nice subbb ever, EVER compete with the detail retrieval, sheer instrument placement, bass tautness/speed(etc etc..oh yeah), and ESPECIALLY a coherent, spherical soundstage???

Are you seeing why I have repurchased the K701? You headphone connoisseurs just may...

If you do NOT see why I got the K701...as a backlash of using consumer grade, rear speakers and a NICE sub for a few weeks...No worries! GOD willing I will be writing a review of these AKG K701 in a few weeks...:asshat:... AFTER an extensive(a la 500+ Hrs, not 220-250[sorry, I forget the exact amount] hours of burn-in).

Which implies that these headphones are indeed NOT burned in at all!!! Which FINALLY leads to my initial impressions of these brand spankin' new AKG K701 headphones.

So, let's get into these impressions, Shall we?

You've done enough reading. So I'll state them in 3 words.

Where's THE BASS???

:asshat:

I kid, I kid.

After about 50 minutes or so of Rock, a little shoot-em-up rampaging in the game Battlefield 2, and now, some Drum AND Bass...

I can feel reassured that these headphones are going to God willing, be nice as hell:O) The sounds of cymbals and hi-hats are ridiculously placed in the soundstage...with "pin-point" accuracy I might add.

The overall ambiance the sound of the instruments create is what I find very pleasing...albeit I have had to readjust my ears to the microscopic size of the K701 soundstage...comparatively speak-ing of course...to my former speak-er setup;)

That's about all for now..

Anywho's, Thank YOU for reading this thread.

All Credit GOES TO THE LORD!!!

Alrighty Fellaz, Before I gets to the Preaching and correct your jovial, light-hearted posts!!!

May you please specify in what ways I have NOT given legitimate Headphone impressions?(at least by DA second post, Gentlemen!)

*preacher MODE*

And what am I on?

====

Luke 17:20-21 (King James Version)

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

======

REPEAT AFTER ME: I LOVE YOU LORD I LOVE YOU LORD...

and you will See what The Jesus Was telling them, Gentle-Wo-AND-Men.

*edit* NOT to say that WE ALL should repeat I LOVE YOU LORD(for the rest of ALL our LivES)...to duplicitous-ly "mooch" off God's automatic reward/blessing upon US ALL who REPEAT I LOVE YOU LORD...

No, that is NOT the intention of "repeating" I LOVE YOU LORD.

No onononono NO NO.

The happiness, aka silliness, aka the "INVISIBLE CRACK PIPE" effect...gained from REPEATING I LOVE YOU LORD(now, let us ALL REPEAT IT!)...

Is a SIDE-EFFECT of our infinite Love for THE LORD...which is manifest in OUR UNITED PRAISE OF THE ALMIGHTY!

Good night:O) And Good Night:O)

If you change your writing style to something understandable you'll get moar respect here. Right now it is to schizophrenic to understand. Sorry.

I tend to look at the bright side, Sir HeadphoneAddict:

At least my writing style was understandable enough...as you have so lucidly stated in your jovial post quoted above!!!

?schizophrenic

FYI,

for All of those who are interested in my assessments of the DT 880s and K701 after I've a/b'd the two headphones,

can visit this link:Dt880'250 2005 vs k701: a novice's comparison

And No worries, YES i was banned from head-fi, but we all seem to be on a great start here, right? RIGHT?!!?

And yes, NO worries: I wrote the aforementioned comparison in legible e-text:palm:

Quick Google search... the guy was banned from Head-fi a couple of days ago. His posts there were mostly trolling like this. Go back to your crack smoking church and leave us sinners alone. >:D

I've gained the impression that you, Sir, are not a regular head-fi'r. I'm quite sure that most of the posters above(most of whom I recognize as regular head-fi'rs) saw first hand THE BANNING of MY:asshat: from headi-fi..at least the second time I was :asshat:'d

No need to burden Google's search engine, no matter how Quick the Search was, SIR GPH!!!

I KID I KID:D