TKD pot

Smeggy

I was hunting around in the garage last night and came across an old t-amp I put together many moons ago and it has a TKD pot attached, I bought it quite a while ago and don't recall where from. Are these any good? It's 50k so I figured it'd probably be ok for either the SS I'm about to start or maybe even the Dyna. I can't find too much info on it and nobody mentions them.

looks the same as this which is listed as a Ko-on. Anyone familiar with these?

pot_tkd_01.jpg

Sweet!

I know it wasn't overly cheap at the time and it does have a very nice feel but as nobody uses them i was wondering if it was crappy. Glad it's not. So do you think it would be better saving this for my Dyna and getting a cheap alps for the SS?

Yep. They are my favorite of what I have tried. I have one that will be going into the Dynahi I am building currently. TKD stands for TOKYO KO-KON DENPA. I have a datasheet on these if you want it. These really are crap. You should send it to me for proper burial. I might consider paying shipping...

FTFM

My experience with these were not so positively -- I tried three brand new TKD CP2511s and all exhibited some noise in the lower ranges. Cleaning the wiper and conductive plastic didn't help.

Maybe I had a bad batch ???

I had something like that, but think it was the 6n1p tubes that were the culprit - but, whatever it was, it all cleared out at ~150 hours of burnin (yeah, I'm skeptical also), and have been flawless ever since. Damn sure better than any rk27 I've ever used.

There is an oddity about mine, though, and it still pisses me off, but, for another time...

• 3 weeks later...