CanJam 2009 Impressions, Pics, Parties, etc...

Asr

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He uses the clamps for dual purposes: they hold the sign and they are headphone holders. Rather sleek, actually.

I believe the clamps are there to keep the table cloth in place so that it cannot be ripped off by the weight of the flesh-tone cable monsters.

Nate hopes he cannot be sued for using the term "monster" in connection with something clearly audio related.

You may not have noticed but I was assimilated after being Segwayed into a corner. You will be receiving Our demand letter shortly. Resistance is futile.

Oh good lord, the segway guy and his assistants were pretty douchy. I let him have a listen to my O2s while I was at the sigma rig(velogregs i believe?) and the first thing he said to his partner was "hey can we change the music, hurry and grab my cd" then his freakin segway assistant procedes to trip over a pair of ad2000ks:palm:(which smacked on the floor) and stevieo let out a little shout, probably in concern for the falling equipment. His assistant was also yanking the sigmas by one cup and the phones were just dangling everywhere.

At that point I told him I had to go and promptly took my O2s off his head and away from him. Jeeze did not like the blatant disregard for other peoples equipment. I treat other peoples equipment like gold, but these guys were just getting on my nerves.

I just got off the phone with Todd (TTVJ) earlier and found out two interesting pieces of info: (1) He had an extra Luxman P-200 at CanJam to sell, damn! It's also still available if anyone might be wanting to buy it. Way too tempted.... (2) He also confirmed the Luxman P-1 will return in about 3-4 months, at a higher price of $3K and it will be slightly tweaked.

and the first thing he said to his partner was "hey can we change the music, hurry and grab my cd" then his freakin segway assistant procedes to trip over a pair of ad2000ks:palm:(which smacked on the floor)

Well it's a good thing the AD2K is extremely durable, most headphones would've been damaged from a fall from table height. ;) I abuse my AD2K all the time and it keeps on tickin' despite the many licks it's taken!

Well it's a good thing the AD2K is extremely durable, most headphones would've been damaged from a fall from table height. ;) I abuse my AD2K all the time and it keeps on tickin' despite the many licks it's taken!

I saw someone break an HD800 in the HeadRoom room. He tangled his feet in the cable and yanked it from the table, popping off one of the ear cups. Interestingly, it was one of the pre-production models and Tyll said the retaining pin that had failed was the main component that was redesigned for the current batch. I offered to stomp on one of his new ones to see how well they did, but he wasn't up for it. :)

I heard the pre production retaining pin is made of a much denser plastick, which greatly contributes to the pre production model's sonic superiority. blacker background, speedier transients, more silvery trace elements, cleaner debris vacuum, more well rounded Arclesian factors, and svelter midrange wounds.

I heard the pre production retaining pin is made of a much denser plastick, which greatly contributes to the pre production model's sonic superiority. blacker background, speedier transients, more silvery trace elements, cleaner debris vacuum, more well rounded Arclesian factors, and svelter midrange wounds.

Ah, I am sure markl listened to a post production one and hence why it was sooooooo sssssslllllooooooowwwww and eeeeelllooonngggaaattteeeedddd

Thats good, I'm sure the phones are still in great shape then.

BTW, are you finally now listening to your BHSE?:palm: lol, how many times did I ask you that at the meet?

I think I was the first one to listen to your amp:). Justin looked pretty disgruntled lol, as he held my O2s in his hand looking for you so you could listen to them haha. I understand considering he did bring it to the meet for you and was basically unveiling it for you. Sorry I couldn't resist, but all joking aside, thanks for being so generous with everyone that listened to your amp.

I even asked him to listen to it, but he declined and let everyone else listen to it instead. So I hope you're enjoying it now!;)

Oh you were the guy who kept asking me if I had listened yet?

It's gonna be a while longer until I get to listen to the BHSE, I left it in LA in the hands of blubliss. Not in a hurry and I'll have other things to keep me company in the meantime.

It's gonna be a while longer until I get to listen to the BHSE, I left it in LA in the hands of blubliss. Not in a hurry and I'll have other things to keep me company in the meantime.

That seriously irks me hearing that. :palm:

I really can't imagine being able to resist locking myself in a room for at least 24 hours with that amp after putting the money down.

Shame on you for accepting Andy!:P

I could have never done that. Since you don't need the KGBH SE so badly, how about I trade you a $2500 maxed GES and a $2500 Eddie Current ZDT for yours?

That seriously irks me hearing that. :palm:

I really can't imagine being able to resist locking myself in a room for at least 24 hours with that amp after putting the money down.

What irks me even more is that he lives in Colorado and he left his amp in LA without so much as a listen. I could never do that.

Anyways Steve, on Friday night I couldn't help notice that when Mikeymad plugged in the SR-Omegas into the right 5-pin input, you did not want it plugged into that input. Is your BHSE equiped with a pro bias and normal bias input?

But even then its fine cause plugging the SR-Omegas into a normal bias wouldnt hurt anything right?

do you think that guy gets off the Segway in order to piss?

I think the bald guys job description includes pulling out the royal penis, and holding it aimed at the urinal. For fun I bet Monster Douche surges the Segway back and forward while baldy tries to keep reign on the penis.