JH Audio stuffs

atothex

For those that have the JH-13 are you happy with the color/art choices you made now in retrospect? If no, what changes would you make?

I would have gone with solid Marz instead of translucent. With translucent Marz, I can see bits of imperfections within the earpieces and they sometime bother me. I'm happy that I didn't go with any artwork as at the time I was ordering, their quality of artwork was not up to par from all the pics I had seen up to that point.

I would have gone with solid Marz instead of translucent. With translucent Marz, I can see bits of imperfections within the earpieces and they sometime bother me. I'm happy that I didn't go with any artwork as at the time I was ordering, their quality of artwork was not up to par from all the pics I had seen up to that point.

Interesting. Imperfections how? I would guess of how the mold was done?

This is unrelated but in case anyone was wondering, I asked Jaime about the ambient vent option and she replied, "We do not offer this option for the JH16 and do not recommend it for the JH13. The sound is not as good."

Mine arrived today. No pics, since they're ordinary looking (black eye blue trans shell, black trans faceplate - so I can see the works inside if I look, but the eye's not automatically drawn to them).

Comfort and fit are perfect.

SQ-wise they are clearly showing me things that my other 'phones (principally Etys) are missing. And (as Al has vividly noted) there is remarkable bass presence. I don't have a lot to say beyond that. When I'm giving noobs headphones to audition I always tell them, "the extent of the improvement's not always obvious immediately, but wear these for a month and then put your old ones back on and you'll understand." I'm attempting to force that same discipline on myself.

Reply to Lars: if I had it to do over, I would have gotten the JH Audio name stamp on the faceplate in their default orange instead of in navy. I was afraid the high-contrast orange would have been too much and would have taken over the faceplate, but looking at it now I can see it would have been small and elegant and not gaudy at all. (I had looked long and hard at their Facebook photo album before making my decision, but the reality is different.)

I also *might* have gone for the 64" instead of the 48" cable; I'd been away from Shures long enough that I'd forgotten to account for the extra slack taken up by over-the-ear routing. Getting a second cable - a 64" - for desktop use.

I also *might* have gone for the 64" instead of the 48" cable; I'd been away from Shures long enough that I'd forgotten to account for the extra slack taken up by over-the-ear routing. Getting a second cable - a 64" - for desktop use.

Same here in regards to the cable. 48" was too short and ended up ordering a 64" cable when I damaged the original 48" cable. The reason I went with 48" initially was because in my head, for some odd reason, I was convinced 5ft=48". :palm:

I assume it's the 48" cable on the demo's, that seemed just a tad short to me so I'll think I'll the 64" when I do order.

Anyone know if getting the JH Audio name on them is considered artwork? I saw one on their facebook page, Welcome to Facebook, that I quite liked but I don't know if I'd bother paying $50 extra for it.

Yep, it's free. Check the Notes section of their Facebook page, it has all the info.

Q: Is it true you offer free artwork?

A: Yes, both the JHAudio Flying girl logo and the JHAUDIO name stamp can be added to your order free of charge. Unless you request otherwise, default color for the free artwork is Orange.

Some other interesting ones...

Q. What is the typical turnaround time once you receive the customers’ impressions at the lab?

A: We generally ship your order five days after we receive your impressions in our lab.

Q: What cases do you have available?

A: Each order comes with a personalized Otterbox 1000 to protect your earpieces. Aviation headsets come with the Black Otterbox 3000. Extra Otterboxes are $25 each. We offer an alternate personalized Carbon Fiber Case for $75.

Q: How should I clean my earpieces?

A: You can use a damp cloth or antiseptic wipe to clean the shells. Do not put liquid into the canal as this can cause the audio to shut off. The water or sweat can clog the acoustic damper. Normally the audio comes back when the damper dries. Use the wax tool provided to remove excess wax from the canals. Be careful not to push the wax into the canal as this can affect the sound quality. If you have wax that you cannot remove, send the earpieces to us and we will remove it.

Q: Do you sell accessories, including spare cables?

A: Yes. We will have an accessories page on our site soon. We offer three cable lengths in either clear or black.

18” cable: $28

48” cable: $32

64” cable: $34

Q: What if I don’t like the shell color?

A: While we strive to make earpieces exactly as requested, sometimes colors come out a little differently than expected. Therefore, we cannot guarantee colors. If you cannot live with your color, you have the option of paying a $100 color change fee.

Q: What if I don’t like how my artwork came out?

A: At JHAudio, we hand paint your artwork on each earpiece. We think this makes the experience a little more “custom” and unique. While we strive to make artwork exactly as requested, sometimes it comes out a little differently than expected. Due to this, we cannot guarantee your artwork. If you cannot live with your art, you have the option of paying a $50 art change fee and we can re-do, change or remove it.

No, either the JH Audio name stamp or the winged logo (or both, I'd imagine) are free of charge. And optional if you'd rather not have them. They'll let you choose the colors, too.

Oh nice! That's probably what I'll get, solid black with the text on the right side in the red or orange and left side in blue if they'll do that.

Reply to Lars: if I had it to do over, I would have gotten the JH Audio name stamp on the faceplate in their default orange instead of in navy. I was afraid the high-contrast orange would have been too much and would have taken over the faceplate, but looking at it now I can see it would have been small and elegant and not gaudy at all. (I had looked long and hard at their Facebook photo album before making my decision, but the reality is different.)

23jskle.jpg

ilakah.jpg

Yeah, that does look pretty nice in orange with the Deadwood there.

Concerning the cable, one thing I noticed when I had the demo is that the clear cable and black cable do not feel the same way. The clear cable is smoother/softer to the touch while the black cable is a bit stiffer. I prefer black equipment for aesthetic reasons, but I think I preferred the feel of the clear cable. One guy at the Montreal meet pretended that the clear cable sounded better than the black cable... not sure about that. Also, the 64'' length works great for my needs, 48'' is ok for portable, but it's a bit too short for home use IMO.