JH Audio stuffs

atothex

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the demo had about the same bass quantity as the customs, but as I already said I had a hard time achieving a good fit. The bass quality is way better on my customs though; the texture, especially in the lowest registers, is damn impressive. If I had to complain about some things on the JH13, the bass certainly wouldn't be one of them.

It aligns with other feedback, but I asked @JHAudio last week on Twitter which they recommended for "audiophile listening" and they responded JH13s.

This could very well be true, but I almost feel like they kind of have to say that regardless, or risk having a bunch of upset JH13 owners.

For those that have heard the demo's and then went on to buy the 13's or for those fortunate enough to hear them side by side how does the bass compare between the two, do the demo's have more, less or about the same?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the demo had about the same bass quantity as the customs, but as I already said I had a hard time achieving a good fit.

I agree, I think it was about the same. The universals give a pretty solid idea of the final performance. What the universals don't do, imo, is recreate the sense of absolute immersion that the customs achieve.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the demo had about the same bass quantity as the customs, but as I already said I had a hard time achieving a good fit. The bass quality is way better on my customs though; the texture, especially in the lowest registers, is damn impressive. If I had to complain about some things on the JH13, the bass certainly wouldn't be one of them.

By the way, I fiddled with the tips and insertion technique a bit more last night after we talked and I managed to lose that bit of harshness in the treble I was hearing initially, now it's just smooth and detailed, absolutely gorgeous. My wallet is really going to hurt after finally getting to hear these.

By the way, I fiddled with the tips and insertion technique a bit more last night after we talked and I managed to lose that bit of harshness in the treble I was hearing initially, now it's just smooth and detailed, absolutely gorgeous. My wallet is really going to hurt after finally getting to hear these.

That is pretty much exactly the difference I could remember between the two times I heard the universals. First time was harsh and bright, second time though was just lovely.

That is pretty much exactly the difference I could remember between the two times I heard the universals. First time was harsh and bright, second time though was just lovely.

From what I can figure I had the foamie pushed back a bit too far and I don't think I was getting the best seal even though the bass seemed pretty good. My second attempt I didn't push the foam back before inserting them, just rolled it in my fingers a bit to compress it but all I got was muffled jumble. Third time I pushed them back a bit but not right to the tip, then rolled them a bit to compress them, that's seemed to do the trick.