Google Chrome OS

It's impossible to create a 100% secure OS. The best you can do is design it with security in mind and hope it covers most of the bases and to hope that new holes are discovered quickly and patched effectively. As far as I'm concerned, this new OS is just another Linux distro.

If it's a "lite" Linux Kernel with a new web-based window system, what will there be for apps? I can't see this going too far, in all honesty. Though it may get my old PIII-1GHz system back from the dead ;)

Liked the Fake Steve article, pretty good and funny stuff.

Asus started something good with their first netbook, but the main complaint I tended to hear (aside from power) was the cheap interface. Even when folks were installing full Linux on it, it was still a niche.

Netbooks started getting bigger once companies put WinXP on it. Sorry, but that's what the masses are used to. Browser interface may be better than that first Asus machine interface, but I'm thinking it still won't be enough.

Heck, if MS is so scared, they can probably offer a lite version of their own (aren't they doing it on the OLPC initiative anyway?), and the sheep will buy that.