Apple Tablet

I guess more to point is how do you see yourself using it? Would you ever really be so far from a wifi hotspot that it'd be worth it?

Yes. Unbelievably, my office does not have WiFi (don't ask--my Company is in the tech stone age). In addition, we technically are not supposed to have access to our personal/external email accounts. :palm: So while I have such access, the option to just use the iPad would be nice. I also end up doing a fair amount of emailing from cabs so the 3G is useful there.

I guess more to point is how do you see yourself using it? Would you ever really be so far from a wifi hotspot that it'd be worth it?

I will most likely have the ability to tether to my phone. However, I hope the first month or so before the 3G ship to determine whether 3G is needed. I suspect it will not be as there are plenty of wifi available. I get 2 hours free a day at Starbucks. The most likely situation where I will need 3G is when traveling for business and pleasure. In those situations, there is always a Starbucks option. If not, a Boingo wifi hotspot, which will not be expensive for the ipad. I understand wanting the option but I think in the end it will be a waste.

Clincher: "One melancholy thought occurs as my fingers glide and flow over the surface of this astonishing object: Douglas Adams is not alive to see the closest thing to his Hitchhiker's Guide that humankind has yet devised."

I know. :sadcat:

The photo of Jobs is pretty wild, too.

Screenshot2010-04-01at114402AM.pnggandhi-1.jpg