Prozac music

Torpedo

I'm currently listening to Lisa Stansfield's "All around the World", a tune that has a strong power to rise my spirits. In fact most of her first album can do that. There are many others, no matter how tough conditions are, that may help me to feel a bit happier. I suppose you have your own and may you like to share them.

Some other Prozac tunes of mine

Art Blakey - Moanin'

Charlie Mingus - Moanin'

Bob Marley - Three little birds

Kool & The Gang - Celebration

LV Beethoven - 4th movement of his 9th

Stevie Wonder - Isn't she lovely

Back in the 80's, I found two extreme examples that seemed to affect my driving. Keep in mind that I listened to things like Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult.

Tones on Tail -- made me crankier, more aggressive, more pissed off when someone was aggressive towards me.

Split Enz -- made me laid back, enjoy life, soak up the tunes, and let other people pass me without getting me down whatsoever.

So: Split Enz especially what I would consider the golden Neil & Tim Finn years -- True Colours, Waiata/Corroboree, Time & Tide, and Conflicting Emotions.

Gasparyan_Not_Sad_L.jpeg

Hate to be literal, but Djivan Gasparyan's I Will Not Be Sad in This World is great medicine.

Djivan Gasparyan - I will not be sad in this World - Free listening at Last.fm

“Without doubt one of the most beautiful and soulful recordings I have ever heard.” –Brian Eno

Innocence_and_Despair-Langley_School_Music_Project_480.jpg

I also can't help but smile every time I hear The Langley Schools Music Project - Innocence & Despair

Finally, I started a thread over at the other site a few years ago for this same reason...

Just Really Beautiful Music - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

• 2 weeks later...

At times like that, I generally listen to darker, heavier music, especially stuff that makes my brain feel like a sponge that's being wrung out. Cathartic, if you will. Cheery upbeat stuff has no chance to break through the wall of depression, pathetic self-pity, and generally being emo that has a tendency to sprout at times when I feel particularly wretched. But beating the shit out of yourself with music or exercise will make you feel right again.

So, general favorites for troubled times:

Lots of Liszt and Rachmaninoff, especially Rach 3

Beethoven - Tempest, Moonlight, Pathetique sonatas (wish I could still play them but haven't touched a piano in over 10 years)

Bad Brains - Bad Brains

Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines, Black Seeds of Vengeance

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane

Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse

Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black

Astral Projection - Trust in Trance

Juno Reactor - Beyond the Infinite

Ra - To Sirius (this album is like Trust in Trance's evil twin)

As far as music that affects driving - I remember "Joyrider" by Flexitones was a disk full of very upbeat, funky dub that had a speedometer reading 130mph on the cover. That's where the needle stayed every time I put the disk on, if there was room do it (and often when there wasn't). Good thing I don't listen to it on the road anymore.