Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

I had ordered the medium cafe bag in black/steel when I ordered my tri-star, but it was back ordered. Once I saw how nice the wasabi interior was on Mike's ID bag, I switched my order to black/wasabi and the bag showed up today. The iphone, bad-kitchen-lighting pictures don't show how nice the color really is. Think wasabi.

7fdaeaa7.jpg

2d17d658.jpg

9ba1c4b3.jpg

79834a12.jpg

4aac20b6.jpg

Again, the pictures don't show the how nice the whole bag really is. There are internal two pockets for phones (perfect as I have two phones), though I suppose you could use them for glasses or whatever, and there are two pen holders. There are also two o-rings for clipping things, and it comes with a key strap. There's a deep zipper pocket on the front, and another deepish pocket on the back plus a handle. I had my ipad, two paperbacks, a water bottle, wallet, makeup bag, snack bars, ipod, JH13s, and a small notebook in it with room left over, and it lay flat. It's a great size bag. They seem to have sent me a free mini organizer pouch (clear/wasabi), which I'm assuming is to make up for the fact that I should have had the bag last week. Good deal as far as I'm concerned.

It's a bit too casual of a bag for me to use at work, but it will be great for traveling when I get around to doing that again.

Dan, my 13" mbp fits right in with room to spare. Technically, if you look at the sides, you can see it rising up about an inch, but you have to look closely. The top folds over just fine and buckles. I could fit a couple paperbacks and/or whatnots in there along with it. I would be a perfect size for your air, even if in a cache of some sort.

They also make the Ristretto for 13" Macbook/Air, which is pretty much the same except a bit larger and with a padded place for the mac, but it's twice as much money. Mike has it and likes it.

Just wanted to say that I really love the Bihn Co-Pilot with the Absolute Strap. I thought it would look too much like I was carrying around a small luggage but it is quite stylish. It is the perfect size and weight for me to carry around with me everywhere (easily carries the ipad, an 8.5x11 pad a paper, others papers that I am reading/grading/editing, ipod, JH13, Ray-Bans, wallet, water bottle, knife, pens, etc with no bulging. [i really wish they made one for a 13"/15" Macbook Pros for those times I need my laptop.] You should get one Dinny.

Edited by shellylh

Not sure what you mean by purselike. I usually carry it over one shoulder but it doesn't look like a woman's purse. Here are a couple of really bad photos to give you a better idea of the size. It seems that I don't know how to take pictures in a mirror... really I just don't know how to take pictures at all. :)]

9rpox.jpg

G4I2F.jpg

Dinny, there are quite a few pics of the co-pilot, some with people carrying it, on the bihn forum in the pictures section. There also seems to be talk about them coming out with a slightly larger version. I don't think it looks like a purse at all.

On a side note, I have to agree with the poster on the OBOW forum: many people who post there creep me out quite a bit.