Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

That's disheartening Jeff. I had been considering a basic Alpha briefcase again. I wonder if those are still ok.

I think the Alpha is still pretty much indestructible but it does still have a much worse warranty than it had just a few years ago.

This is true. I had an Alpha for 12+ years and other than some zipper issues due to overstuffing it held up incredibly well. When there were issues, I brought it into the shop and they sent it to Tumi and it got fixed for free. I have a newer Alpha and it is just as solid and if anything the zippers are stronger. Not sure about the warranty, but I am guessing Jeff is right that it has been limited.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a TravelPro Computer roller that's seen a ton of domestic travel abuse and has held up beautifully for 7 years - it's never been broken so I can't speak to warranty servicing by TravelPro, but the general buzz isn't that good for them.

Amongst really hard core travel types, Briggs and Riley is often considered best-of-breed.

Not the cheapest by any stretch, but this is one of those decisions that begs to err on the side of quality.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products/702133-best-luggage.html

http://www.briggs-riley.com/category/productDetail.aspx?id=24-inch-Expandable-Upright-Spinner_U524SPX&col=baseline&cat=spinner luggage

I don't think it is all that girly for a Bihn bag. That being said I would expect if you showed a picture with it unzipped the interior would be bright pink with neon light accents, Bihn style, and that might push it over the edge.