Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

Seems like a nice camera bag (though I admittedly knows nothing about camera bags):

http://www.onabags.com/store/men/the-union-street.html#black

It looks really good, but as Shelly says, it will be a bitch to carry.

All that glass and electronics quickly gets real heavy. Maybe good for short walks in an urban environment, but backpack is the only real option when carrying that much gear.

Lowepro's got a good collection, and a nifty tool to help you choose. The CompuRover AW is on my current shortlist.

Used the Tom Bihn Aeronaut and ID on my trip last week (6 nights/7 days/3 locations). It was just about the perfect size for that trip (and kept me from overpacking). I think the Tri-Star would have been much too small. Also, the ID is an awesome shoulder bag and holds a ton of goodies!

Anyone has a suggestion for a bag/briefcase to use with a 15" MBP? Nothing fancy, as long as it can protect/carry the MBP and power brick, that'll be fine. I'll probably be pcking up a Sling-o-magic 30 but figured I should looh for a laptop only bag to go along with it.

Samsonite?

I have a simple, black, leather laptop bag that has held up for years. It has a little divider to make my 15.6" Sony fit more snuggly without moving around, and the floor wart power supply fits nicely in the remaining space. It's got just enough structure to it to protect the laptop from the usual bumps and bruises, without being prohibitively heavy. I.E. it's not just a polypropylene sleeve.

I'll look up the company when I get home. I want to say I spent $30 on it.

I'm pretty hard on cases. This one has lasted so long because it's impossible to overfill, which is where most of the wear on the strap comes from, in my case -- the weight. So yes, it's probably good to get a laptop-only bag.

Is it bad I'm still considering it?

No. Also, you could probably sell your black Tri-Star on ebay for not much of a loss (if you wanted to deal with that). I bet you could easily get over $200 for the Tri-Star. I have seen Aeronauts go for over $200 but they might have had an Absolute strap (but a new Aeronaut is only $220). Also, I haven't seen any Tri-Stars selling on ebay lately.

Edited by shellylh

Samsonite?

I have a simple, black, leather laptop bag that has held up for years. It has a little divider to make my 15.6" Sony fit more snuggly without moving around, and the floor wart power supply fits nicely in the remaining space. It's got just enough structure to it to protect the laptop from the usual bumps and bruises, without being prohibitively heavy. I.E. it's not just a polypropylene sleeve.

I'll look up the company when I get home. I want to say I spent $30 on it.

I'm pretty hard on cases. This one has lasted so long because it's impossible to overfill, which is where most of the wear on the strap comes from, in my case -- the weight. So yes, it's probably good to get a laptop-only bag.

it was a Case Logic, but I don't know the model.

Sent from mah Droid