Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

I got the TriStar today, seems like a nice little bag, I like all the separate compartments. First impressions, it seems pretty small but I haven't tried packing it yet. Also, the black isn't nearly as pretty as the Indigo. I am thinking of sending it back and waiting for the Indigo... we'll see.

Hmm, you are not as psyched as I want you to be so I can justify my own purchase. :) What is the interior color of your tristar? Also, you might consider the steel with solar interior (Marc's looks awesome) or even the black with ultraviolet.

Dinny, I love the interior of the Tristar (Iberian which is a really nice color red). It is just that, after seeing the Indigo, the black looks kinda stuffy and boring... maybe good if you are a boring suit though. :) Of course, I did wear a blue t-shirt with cookie monster on it to work today so maybe you might be looking for something a little more professional.

Cookie-Monster-Binge.jpg

Also, they are not going to have Black and Ultraviolet, just Steel and Ultraviolet.

I am going to do a little practice packing this weekend. Once I figure out how much I can fit in the bag, I will probably feel much better about the purchase.

Edited by shellylh

Seems that they still have some Tristars in Indigo (will ship in March). I ordered one last night. My husband thinks the black is boring and has claimed the Aeronaut as his own because he likes the color. I figure he needs a matchng Tristar before they run out. :)

They are comng out with new colors. I wonder what they will be and if I should return the black Tristar and get one of the new colors...

I've been trying to figure out if I have a use for a Tristar. I used my Aeronaut for the second weekend traveling and it was perfect. I was able to bring two extra pair of shoes in the side pockets and everything else in the main compartment. If I needed anything more, I would have to move to a larger piece of luggage to check, I think. Bihn doesn't seem to have anything larger than the Aeronaut so this might be where I purchase a Red Oxx duffel but I'm still not drinking any stinkin cocktails.

That T-shirt is the best; I would love to wear that shirt to work. It would be my last day, but it might be worth it.

Please do wear that on your last day of work if you decide to quit or get fired. :)

I think it's bullshit that they won't announce the new colors. Doesn't exactly strike me as a trade secret or anything.

It is quite annoying.

Packed the Air Boss for a short business trip: Suit, 1 pair slacks, 2 dress shirts, 1 pair shoes, Metro bag with MBP and assorted chargers, Sony Nex w/ 2 lenses, Canon S95, snacks, meds, socks, underwears and notepad. Then, as I just could not leave it at home, moved some stuff over to the Airborne as the bag is just too nice not to use. :lol:

I just did 6 days with the tri-star.

3 pairs of slacks, 4 business shirts, 4 casual shirts, 2 pairs of leather shoes. It was a tight fit, but manageable.

The trip was supposed to be 4 days, but got extended. Fortunately I packed the laundry detergent and portable clothesline.

I'm loving this bag.

I just did 6 days with the tri-star.

3 pairs of slacks, 4 business shirts, 4 casual shirts, 2 pairs of leather shoes. It was a tight fit, but manageable.

The trip was supposed to be 4 days, but got extended. Fortunately I packed the laundry detergent and portable clothesline.

I'm loving this bag.

yup, my experience as well. 2 pairs of shoes is impressive, how did you orient them and what size? I'm assuming no laptop in the center of the bag?

yup, my experience as well. 2 pairs of shoes is impressive, how did you orient them and what size? I'm assuming no laptop in the center of the bag?

UK size 9. I had to unzip the divider and pack each shoe toe to heel with the other shoe. They went in perpendicular to the zipper opening of the shoe compartment. It was tight, but do-able. One of my flights on my journey was a smaller aircraft and the bulges made the tri-star a tight fit in the overhead locker. This wasn't an issue in the bigger plane.

No laptop. These days I can get away with my iPad when I travel.

Edited by The Expanding Man