Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

Dinny: I would guess it would be no problem but haven't traveled with it yet. I think it is the new maximum size for some airlines, 22 x 14 x 9, (Continental for one) but it is supposed to keep its shape when fully packed which is probably not true for a duffel bag. I plan to practice packing it this weekend and I will measure the dimensions then. Of course, since Mike has actually carried it on, he would know best... probably why you directed your questions to him. I am not sure why I am trying to answer your question. :mellow:

Edited by shellylh

Some quick pictures of the black co-pilot. I like that it can hold a pad of letter size paper and my Kleen Kanteen water bottle. It is really the perfect size for someone like me. The bag is moar black than it looks in the pictures. Please ignore the horribly ugly office carpet.

I think I will get a couple organizer pouches for the main pocket. Right now I have a Chrome Utility pouch in it to hold my ipod+JH13's, which is a little too bulky.

1Qg5R.jpg

SFpSN.jpg

wj5og.jpg

tDVoU.jpg

Nwbu8.jpg

GVcNQ.jpg

Xzjde.jpg

zHvHf.jpg

Next to the Chrome Soma.

v3d3W.jpg

0yepe.jpg

I kind of like the Co-Pilots 3 side by side vertical pockets. Still seems too small for me, though.

What's the big vertical bag in the last pic?

The bag in back is a Chrome Soma - laptop backpack/messenger bag hybrid.

I'm a Bihn fanboy. I like the style better than the Red Oxx stuff.

I agree, although I haven't seen any of the Red Oxx stuff in person...

Edited by shellylh

I'm really insterested in the Red Oxx Sky Train or Tom Bihn Aeronaut. They seem to be directly comparable to each other.

I think I prefer the side by side comparments of the Aeronaut vs. the garment bag style two stacked compartments of the SkyTrain. But it looks like the SkyTrain has better adjustable back pack straps. I really liked how quick and easy it was to tighten and loosen the Alice buckles on the SkyTrain. I didn't get a chance to check out the Aeronaut's straps all that much. Does the Aeronaut have quickly adjustable straps like the SkyTrain?

I would guess that the straps on the Aeronaut are much nicer than the ones on the Sky Train. I packed up the Aeronaut today and wore it as a backback, it was very comfortable. The straps are also very easy to adjust as well.

I got the Aeronaut without the waist strap and don't find it to be a problem.

Oh, yeah, and the Aeronaut holds a ton of stuff.

Edited by shellylh