Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

That avatar is a whole load of win.

About the size of the bag/backpack, the Aeronaut is 2700cu-in, even larger than the Skytrain that Shelly mentioned so your comment confuses Marc. What am I missing?

Numbers are meaningless, just enjoy the sweet, sweet bags.

I'm sorry Nate, I'm confused myself. I looked at the numbers and the Tri Star just seemed to strike a chord with me on being just the right size with the options I wanted. I will say that the Patagonia is also a nice bag, one that might be available for you to check out first hand at an outfitter near you.

I spoke too soon. They want to ship everything together so they did not process a partial shipment of the items from my order that were in stock.

When I saw yesterday that my back-ordered items were showing in stock I thought they would ship everything; however, other items from my order that had been in stock are now out of stock so they are not shipping anything. I give up.

That's a bummer Jeff. I'm glad my Aeronaut is going to make it so I can give it a test run this weekend. I will pack ski jacket, gloves and hats in it so I will at least have that stuff when I arrive should they lose my luggage.

I am interested in your opinion about the Aeronaut Mike. I am now deciding between the Aeronaut and Tri-Star (after reading complaints about the backpack straps on the Skytrain). I may end up ordering both as it may be useful to have the Tri-Star for weekend trips and the Aeronaut for slightly longer trips.

I am interested in your opinion about the Aeronaut Mike. I am now deciding between the Aeronaut and Tri-Star (after reading complaints about the backpack straps on the Skytrain). I may end up ordering both as it may be useful to have the Tri-Star for weekend trips and the Aeronaut for slightly longer trips.

As you can read, I had the same dilemma. Mine should arrive this afternoon. I will try to get you some initial thoughts and pics tonight. I will probably pack it up tonight since I'm leaving Sat. morning. I still may get the Skytrain to compare.

E-mail that I received from Amanda at Red Oxx.

"As for Corporate, you’ll just want to start with an email to witheld At this point you can’t do corporate online. There are so many things to consider with corporate, it would be difficult to do so on the website. Essentially, corporate offers free logo embroidery on orders over ten units. There is a one time set up fee that is anywhere between $25 and $55 for digitizing the logo, depending on how intricate the logo is. Any bag in our line up can be purchased as corporate and you can choose the colors as you wish. So, for example if your company colors incorporate Olive and Saffron (er-that would be yellow) we can build the bags to match with saffron zipper panels and olive mains. Also when doing corporate, you can choose to have only your logo on the bag and no Red Oxx logo. Or you can leave one of the two Red Oxx logos in addition to you own. Turn around time on Corporate is 30 days from final approval of logo sew-out. The bags are built to the order so they need to be scheduled in the production room. Thirty days gives us enough time to schedule the embroidery and production. So, if you have an in-hands date in mind, you’ll also want to consider 30-45 days for the order itself.

If you have questions throughout the process, Tallon can help you out.

Thank you,

Amanda Markel"

I can say that my dealings with Red Oxx up to this point lead me to believe that I will be a long term customer as their customer service seems to be fantastic.

Vicki, I PM'd you with Tallon's e-mail address.

I don't travel enough to need a new bag, otherwise I'd be interested.

Of course, now that I've said that, I'll probably suddently shift gears and start doing a whole lot of traveling. Right after all y'all get your bags.

Dusty, the bag we're talking about isn't a jumbo bag, and would be good for everyday carrying around of stuff. My daily purse is larger. Look at the Gator on the Red Oxx website.

I use the gator as my daily carry bag to work. Holds my iPad, MBA, s95, pico amp/DAC, sunglasses, water bottle, plus an insert for a few pens, MBA power supply, etc. It is a great little bag.

Well, UPS has done it again. My package from Bihn was supposed to arrive end of day yesterday. I called at 5 pm, they said it's on the truck and will redeliver the next day if no one is at the office to accept delivery. This morning there is no call tag. I call again and I am finally told that it never arrived in Florida. Hopefully the will find it eventually. I'm sure Bihn will take care of me. I will just have to find something else to use for my carry on tomorrow.

UPS is blaming the weather according to the Bihn representative that contacted me. They were willing to overnight one to me in Vail but I told them it wasn't necessary. I told them I would just wait for the one on route, which should arrive Monday or Tuesday. They are going to refund the shipping charges. So a thumbs up for Bihn and down for UPS.