Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

My Bihn Ristretto arrived. I think I may prefer it to the Booq. While it's larger, it seems to wear lighter than the Booq and I guess due to it's larger size is not as bulky as the Booq. It is large enough to hold my 13" MBP, which I thought was a worthwhile option. My only complaint is the strap could be longer. I like to wear messenger bags at least part below my waist which I am able to do with the strap at it's longest setting. I am going to contact Bihn to see if they have a longer strap option.

fd0041cd.jpg

Edited by tyrion

I just saw the available in September. The iPad fits fine, it just doesn't fill the compartment which is fine. I like having the option for my MBP and the extra room for other gear. I think this is going to be a keeper for now.

Update: I think the Ristretto is saying. I carried it with me during lunch and it's comfortable and carries everything I need. I think it would carry my MBP and iPad if needed.

Edited by tyrion

• 1 month later...

I got a new murse today. This one was specifically to allow me to carry some camera gear with the iPad.

I was surprised to be able to fit: 50d Body, 5d Body w/ 70-200 F2.8 attached, 24/70 f2.8, 17/40 f4, 50 f1.8, 580ex II, iPad, Compact Flash wallet, Canon SX210 IS P&S and some cables. Carries everything very comfortably.

Retrospective

I got a new murse today. This one was specifically to allow me to carry some camera gear with the iPad.

I was surprised to be able to fit: 50d Body, 5d Body w/ 70-200 F2.8 attached, 24/70 f2.8, 17/40 f4, 50 f1.8, 580ex II, iPad, Compact Flash wallet, Canon SX210 IS P&S and some cables. Carries everything very comfortably.

Retrospective

I'm not surprised. ThinkTank bags are deceptively roomy compared to their exterior dimensions. I've had the Urban Disguise for nearly a year, and couldn't be more pleased with it. Room enough to fit a 14" laptop, pro body, 5-6 lenses, flash, cleaning supplies, filters, CF cards, and still have room left for a water bottle and portable audio rig. I don't usually take that much stuff, but for times when I do (like plane trips), it handles it with aplomb.

I'm not surprised. ThinkTank bags are deceptively roomy compared to their exterior dimensions. I've had the Urban Disguise for nearly a year, and couldn't be more pleased with it. Room enough to fit a 14" laptop, pro body, 5-6 lenses, flash, cleaning supplies, filters, CF cards, and still have room left for a water bottle and portable audio rig. I don't usually take that much stuff, but for times when I do (like plane trips), it handles it with aplomb.

Yeah I looked at that one as well at Adorama. I got the little one for daily carry but might end up with one like yours for travel.

Much softer than the Crumplers with a significantly better strap. I have no complaints as it carries an amazing amount of camera gear for a smaller bag. The inside is nicer than my old Crumpler as well with better fittings.

I got it for the camera case aspect more than the iPad carrying aspect so I am not sure what you might be looking for in a bag.

• 5 months later...