i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Replace either the LED or more likely the C1815.  That's usually the culprit for me. 

Edit:  Very nice Kerry and nice work on the mini boards.  :)  Mine didn't light up the CCS but then I didn't bother to get it working.  The PCB was correct though so some part was faulty. 

Edited by spritzer

I am red faced... I went to Radio Shack first thing in the morning to get LEDs, got home, heated up the iron to desolder the LED, only to realize that one of the LED legs was not soldered. How could I miss that?!? I put a bit of solder, turn on the amp and voila, all is well. Thank you for your guidance, now comes the fun of zeroing the outputs. Btw, for my voltage settings, the offset resistors are at the lowest setting so I may try a 1k in series with the pot.

Music! I still have plenty of work to on the casework before i can post pictures, but right now is a happy moment. Thank you Kevin for the design and the tips, lil knight and eggil for the boards, picaudio for some neat connectors, and the head-case community in general for the sharing your knowledge.

P.S: I replaced the 2k series resistor for the offset pot with 1.2k. Offest and balance on the outputs drift below +/-1V, close enough.

Correction: I didn't do squat besides helping distribute some of them.

Kevin and Birgir are the great guys behind this.

LilKnight is the driving force on making the boards.

I am very thankful for the wonderful sound coming out of my build.

Has anyone encountered an issue where LED at the input stage doesn't light up until after your power the psu down? Could it be that I installed something backwards?

Clarification- it briefly lights up during when I first power things up, then fades after about half a second.