i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently buying the componentes for the kgsshv using the BOM by ujamerstand, but I have a problem:

2SC2705 4 Toshiba Mouser 757-2SC2705-O(TE6,F

2SC1815 2 Toshiba Mouser 2SC1815GRTE2FT

Bridge 1 STM Electronics mouser 512-KBU4M

2n3904 4 On Semiconductor mouser 863-2N3904G

These parts are listed as obsolete in mouser. I could find a replacement for the 2n3904 with the same specs (2n4401) , but got no luck with the other ones... Anyone have these and want to sell me? Or can help me finding a replacement that is ok?

Thanks guys

Ebay?

Sands not that rare, a bunch for sale over there.

Could be fakes, though at these low prices I doubt it. Bdent is one of the most reliable sellers but can be rather pricey.

As for the bridge, most anything will work if it has the correct voltage and current specs. (or a bit higher)

Pay attention to lead spacing as well. Works for me!

But how many are needed to obtain eight matched quad?

It is not a fair comparison, the two Dynalo have different setup: both have two mono PCB for audio but the one with ksa1015/ksc1815 has a power supply for each channel with separated grounds and a four pins DIN headphone output; and the other is a conventional setup, one PSU and a 3-ways output jack with a common ground.

^ Nice one eggil

An observation after changing the output current to 8.8mA.

Whilst the balance remains stable, offset drifts around considerably.

I can achieve zero offset on both channels no problem, but it will drift ~5V or so over time.

Is ambient temperature a factor? I know 5V is nothing, but should I be worried about stability?

Edited by johnwmclean

yesterday, i was on a Chinese parts sourcing website and saw several companies that claim to have 2SA1968. I sent in quote requests to 2 companies. This morning, I had 63 quotes in my inbox -- prices seem to range from $0.10 to $1 each. I have no idea if any of this is legitimate or how many parts are really out there.

Then I got a call from a company in Florida offering a quote -- who i suspect is Dalbani under another name. They emailed me, its like $10/each. Usually I am nice but i basically told them to fuck off. Now to see if any of these Chinese parts are real...

ok people, stop calling me...60+ quotes was enough

Edited by justin

LOL i hate you China

this morning i get a call from a woman in China to quote the 2SA1968. she then emails me the quote -- Amy from HongKong Kemei Electronic Co.

tonight, 13 hours later, she calls again asking if i need a quote on 2SA1968. she has no recollection of talking to me. emails me a quote -- Evelyn from Dedicate Electronics Limited

both prices the same.

edit: actually the first quote was $0.26 and the next was $0.21

Edited by justin

called me from the same phone #, same voice. i asked her about it in an email, and she said something about "not being logged into MSN" or some crap. ok, guess when youre in hotmail you're Amy from one company, when you're in MSN you're Evelyn from another company with a different price. 75 quotes and theres probably 2 actual companies behind them.