2010 HC Holiday Gift Exchange

Asr

Dmitriy, you are so kind. In my defense, a couple of those were from my own collection and just not getting good playing time here. I read through a lot of your reviews on rateyourmusic and saw these people as backups or on other albums that you liked. And as for the Frisell, if it doesn't pan out, the artwork is cool.

I'm happy you're excited about them. That really made my day!

I look forward to checking my mailbox tonight.................!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got Gregs package, he must have hurt himself figuring my music sense out. He did an amazing job!

Greetings from Michigan by Sufjan Stevens (can't wait to give this a listen)

Death cab's narrow stairs and transatlanticism (definitely old favs that I needed to pick up)

The Decemberists Picaresque (big fan and haven't heard this album)

And Beirut march of the zapotec (haven't hard this one in so long I need a new listen)

How awesome, I'm very grateful. I only hope my cd picks were at least half as good.

Tapatalk

I noticed that the HC legal team has posted here so I feel compelled to make a full disclosure............ I had help from two casers with much better contemporary music taste. Ken recommended I buy you a parrot but I found the CDs first and they fit better in the shipping box.

Well, I thought it would be rude not to open this nice package in my mailbox...!

First up, David Sanborn - Upfront. The opening track here is slick!

11375.jpg

Next, Anahita - matricaria. Looks really interesting. I'll have to give it a listen...now!

2034882.jpg

And, just because I thought it was cool to look through, I joined rateyourmusic. I'll need to figure out how to set up those cool links like Dmitriy, though.

Dmitriy: Thanks!

David Sanborn was not a surprise for you for sure :D, but Anahita should be something new I guess. It was for me at least, I was really surprised by some of other neo-folk albums I was sampling, but this one was somehow more accessible yet still very strange. Hope it grows on you as some say :D

My gift from Gene arrived yesterday. It consists of the following CDs:

61eAaC6lJvL._SS500_.jpg

King Crimson In the Court of the Crimson King

b9d86230a8a00c7a387af010.L.jpg

Eddie Cochran Somethin' Else, The Fine Lookin' Hits of Eddie Cochran

518UcUsRWsL._SS500_.jpg

John Hiatt Greatest Hits, The A & M Years '87 - '94

I'm listening to the King Crimson album now on my speaker system. They are really interesting. I have no idea why I never got into them before. I'll listen to the Eddie Cochran and John Hiatt albums later. I had never heard of either of them before, so it's great to get something new like this that I probably wouldn't have tried on my own.

Thanks Gene, these are wonderful gifts. Also, thanks again for your effort and generosity for everything TamJam.

WOW!

I opened a big box from Steve today. Holy smokes. There were three fascinating looking CDs (Vortex Box is ripping as we speak) CDs and a bottle of ale and some chocolates for a listening session. Thanks Steve!

gift_scaled.jpg

And Peter's photo has been framed and given to Bonnie, who was thrilled.

photo_framed_scaled.jpg

More Christamas cheer is calling...

Merry Christmas everyone!

I totally forgot to post about the CDs that I got from Mike. The only rule in our trade was to surprise the other with something he's never heard of and Mike really succeeded in doing that.

The first album is Orange Blossoms by JJ Grey & Mofro. Very groovy and uplifting R&B/rock/blues band from Florida, perfect music for the dark and cold winter nights. Immediately enjoyable music.

jjgrey.jpg

The second CD is Yell Fire by Michael Franti and Spearheard. An interesting blend of reggae and hip-hop music, far from the stuff I usually listen to. Like the other CD, the music is mostly bright and uplifting. I'll need a few more spins with this one.

519FZSHQ2NL._SS500_.jpg