What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

So, how is it different from the 7?

I'm drinking Alka Seltzer Cold and Flu - Nighttime

I agree that it is lusher, and quite a bit smoother but still quite sweet. I like it better than the 7 star, just not sure it is twice as good. The bottle is real pretty though. ;)

Alka Seltzer doesn't sound so good.

Tonight I made two more Anvil drinks:

Knickerbocker

2 oz Vizcaya rum

1 tbsp Monin rasberry syrup

2 tspn Senior Curacao

1/2 oz lime juice

I really liked this drink although I do admit that it was really sweet and girlie. :)

hePdn.jpg

Rum Swizzle

I finally got some Falernum so I was able to try this one.

2 oz Gosling's Black Seal Rum

3/4 oz John Taylor's Velvet Falernum

3/4 oz lime juice

Didn't like this one nearly as much. My guess is that the Falernum has quite a bit of ginger in it and I am not a big fan of ginger. Guess I am not going to be a big fan of all the drinks with Ginger Beer in them.

srTRZ.jpg

Edited by shellylh

7b6c5824.jpg

Goose Island Pepe Nero...forgot to mention this one...they're adding it to their year round lineup...hopefully this'll mean four or six packs...nothing spectacular, but am thinking it'll be a different animal on tap...

right now?...MOAR NUGGET NECTAR!!...

A Kalin 1998 Pinot Noir. Redolent of six years worth of pencil shavings peculating in stagnant pond water with a delicate hint of Musk Ox urine. When I track down that New York Times metro shill reporter who raved about this wine I am going to give him a habanero thong wedgy. Stay away from this stuff, it will make you wash your mouth out with embalming fluid.

A Blood and Sand at Rye. A Naughty Sundress, Martinez and another house drink that I cannot remember at the moment at Bourbon and Branch. Excellent drinks and an excellent waitress.

Carthusian Cocktail. Not their original, but maybe a variation. Yummy though for sure.

that shoulda been my bottle, fml.

Do you still have one laid down? If not, we can do something about that. ;)

Tonight I made two more Anvil drinks

:prettyprincess: yay Shelly!

something similar to a manhattan

(2 parts eagle rare, 1 part extra dry vermouth, 2 dashes of bitters, no cherry)

That's a Dry Manhattan.

A really, really good week[end] for beer:

*Started off with Strong Beer Month offerings at 21st Amendment(Two Lane Blacktop black IPA, Red Imp imperial amber American ale, Imperial Jack ESB, 21 Rock triple IPA, and Lord & Master strong English blond) and Magnolia Brewing (Rye Rye Rocco, Promised Land IPA, Old Thunderpussy barleywine).

*Continued strong with 2 kegs from Iron Springs Brewpub (Epiphany Ale and JC Flyer IPA)

*Hit fever pitch at RRBC for the release of Pliny the Younger, with a Supplication mixed in.

*Slipped back a bit with another keg of IPA from Marin Brewing Company, although it was better the second day.

*Climbed back up to the top with a DFH/SN Life & Limb, an Abbeye de Saint Bon Chien sour, and a Cantillon Rosé De Gambrinus.

*And then went way into the stratosphere with Three Flights Down on Sunday:

Mikkeller Black Hole Barrel Aged imperial stout: Rum / Scotch / Bourbon / Wine

Fifty Fifty Brewing Eclipse Barrel Aged imperial stout made with honey:

Four Roses / Christian Brothers Brandy / Evan Williams Bourbon / Rittenhouse Rye Heaven Hill

De Dolle Oerbier Special Reserva:

2009 / 2005 / 2006 / 2009 (again)

Of course, there were also some nice DIY cocktails, and some extraordinary pro cocktails at Bourbon & Branch and Alembic Bar along the way too. ;)