What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

Two Carthusian Cocktails ala B&B

2 oz Rendevous Rye

0.75 oz Punt e Mes

0.5 oz Green Chartreuse

2 dashes Fees orange bitters

Stir until cold and strain into a coupe. Garnish with a lemon zest twist. The second one has the the amounts for the Punt e Mes and Chartreuse swapped.

IMG_0071.jpg

Not nearly as good as the one at B&B because it is missing one crucial ingredient, the most excellent company. Still it is an awesome cocktail and I prefer the one that leans toward the Punt e Mes.

DFH Chateau Jiahu.

Holy fuck this is sweet, not yet sure if like or not. I like Midas Touch, but this may be a bit too much. :blink:

--> Macallan 12yo 43% (1.75L)

About a 100ml pour (yes that is a big glass to go with the big bottle).. before that there was about another 100ml pour...

Cheers

That's the way to do it, alright. :D

I actually could go for some Macallan right about now.

Well.....

It was (is) really a Vase that I found at Crate & Barrel years ago. I am always looking for glass shapes.. that this one rules pretty hard.

I like a glass I can stick my head in.

Cheers,

Mikey

That's pretty damn clever. But... do you really need that big of a glass to stick your "head" into...? I suppose we should all be so lucky.

(drums fingers, waits for Steve or Fitz to make some sort of "which head, penis or the other one?" comment)

Oh godammit.

Awesome Carthusians, Jim, although the company made all of those cocktails better. Even though I think sharing sips of those work of art drinks may have been the reason for sharing colds on such a level. :eek: I sure hope that fate or just plain planning brings us all together again soon. Without an International HF meet in the late spring/early summer I figure we could come up with something before too long... *crosses fingers*

That a boy, Mikey! That big bottle deserves a nice big dram!

Marc and I tried to catch a little of that lightning in the bottle again today at Swig bar. I had meetings this evening and couldn't stay long, but we had two rounds of cocktails that we dictated to a new bartender there. She didn't know the bar or its contents well on her second day, but she had the skills from work elsewhere. Marc wanted a genever cocktail so I found the Barleyflower Cocktail recipe and the bartender made up a nice semblance of that one with 1.5 Bols, .5 St. Germain and 1 Lillet Blanc. Good stuff. I asked for a Last Word, from their cocktail menu, but she didn't have the ingredients or the proportions down so the iPhone worked its magic on that one too. This sounds lame, but it was kind of fun and she was a great good sport about the whole thing. She is an enthusiast but clearly does not have a huge repertoire. For the second round, Marc wanted to try an Aperol cocktail so I hit upon the Aperol Swizzle and our intrepid bartender made do without the necessary orgeat quite nicely by subbing in simple syrup.

APEROL SWIZZLE

2 oz Aperol

1 oz Orange Juice

.5 oz Gin

1 Barspoon Orgeat

1 Barpsoon Averna Amaro

Build all ingredients with ice in a small collins glass and swizzle until thoroughly mixed and frost forms on outside of the glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

She did a beautiful large lemon peel instead of a wedge, which is what I would have done myself. Very tasty and with orgeat would be even better.

Since I got home, I have shared a bottle of St. Bernardus Christmas Ale that was fabulous. Considering cobbling together one more cocktail for the evening from the limited stock available.

Edited by Voltron