What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

For science, I have made another Sazerac Cocktail with Sazerac 18 (2010). Also awesome, but with more rye bite than the elder Rittenhouse. Do I dare continue with Thos. Handy and Van Winkle Reserve Rye and maybe the Sazerac 18 (2009)? We shall see...

1805639f-860a-28ce.jpg

Edited by Voltron

For science, I have made another Sazerac Cocktail with Sazerac 18 (2010). Also awesome, but with more rye bite than the elder Rittenhouse. Do I dare continue with Thos. Handy and Van Winkle Reserve Rye and maybe the Sazerac 18 (2009)? We shall see...

Yes, do dare... science must go on!

another New Belgium Lips of Faith Kick...I know what I said...but I just keep finding myself buying it...especially at $6.49 - my 10% discount...

2011 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot...not as mellow as the 2001 that I had on tap (!!!) not too long ago, but interesting enough to make me want to age some of it...

finishing that Sun King Oktoberfest 4-pack...

excited about tomorrow...one of my friends & I are having a tasting in the afternoon...he's going to have a couple beers on tap in his garage & I'm bringing quite a few bottles...we didn't make it public 'til today, so we've no idea who's attending...

has anyone had this new Laphroaig Triple Wood yet??...thinking about buying a bottle...

Edited by emelius

has anyone had this new Laphroaig Triple Wood yet??...thinking about buying a bottle...

It is a good beverage... I am a big fan of the quarter cask. With the 10yo, 10yo cask strength, and quarter cask, I will grab the QC 8/10 times.. Well the triplewood is pretty much the QC put in sherry casks (big fan) for a while. So it is not as much of a big peat monster as the 10yo CS. But more of a balanced beverage with additional sweet and spice notes. But let it be known I really like the combination of Sherry cask maturation and peat. So this beverage talks to me. But it is pricey, so you have to weigh that in.

This envy is tasty.

Agreed