slower forum

Knuckledragger

It's a shame Walter Martin is no longer alive. He could show him from a scholarly and biblical point of view that his entire argument is invalid.

There was a 4 part series on YouTube with Walter debating 4 other people on this topic. I would post it but I think the resulting action would burn the thread down.

The red words has Jesus loving prostitutes and tax collectors.

I'm with him half way for sure.

The gay guys are fine, too.

They have some cool hats.

This is the "What are you drinking now" thread, isn't it?

It's a shame Walter Martin is no longer alive. He could show him from a scholarly and biblical point of view that his entire argument is invalid.

There was a 4 part series on YouTube with Walter debating 4 other people on this topic. I would post it but I think the resulting action would burn the thread down.

I can't tell if you are serious or joking, but just watched and regardless of ones viewpoint saw little expressed 'scholarly.'

Did watch another video where he attacks psychiatrists and sociologists and rallied the troops against liberal theologians who 'infest' the church. That was kinda fun.

Edited by blessingx

The Eight Kindes of Drunkennes

Back in 1592, Elizabethan satirist Thomas Nashe produced and distributed a popular pamphlet named "Pierce Pennilesse," within which was written the following — a list describing the "Eight Kindes of Drunkennes."

(Source: Pierce Pennilesse.)

THE EIGHT KINDES OF DRUNKENNES

The first is ape drunke; and he leapes, and singes, and hollowes, and danceth for the heavens;

The second is lion drunke; and he flings the pots about the house, calls his hostesse whore, breakes the glasse windowes with his dagger, and is apt to quarrell with anie man that speaks to him;

The third is swine drunke; heavie, lumpish, and sleepie, and cries for a little more drinke, and a fewe more cloathes;

The fourth is sheepe drunk; wise in his conceipt, when he cannot bring foorth a right word;

The fifth is mawdlen drunke; when a fellowe will weepe for kindnes in the midst of ale, and kisse you, saying, "By God, captaine, I love thee. Goe thy wayes; thou dost not thinke so often of me as I doo thee; I would (if it pleased God) I could not love thee as well as I doo;" and then he puts his finger in his eye, and cryes;

The sixt is Martin drunke; when a man is drunke, and drinkes himselfe sober ere he stirre;

The seventh is goate drunke; when, in his drunkennes, he hath no minde but on lecherie;

The eighth is fox drunke—when he is craftie drunke, as manie of the Dutchmen bee, that will never bargaine but when they are drunke.