slower forum

Knuckledragger

That's pretty cool.  I see that they took the necessary photographs on the nice summer day.

FTFY :)

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-02/21/world-record-panorama-photo

The panoramic photo of London comprises of 48,640 individual frames, which were taken on four Canon EOS 7D cameras over three days shortly after the London 2012 Games, and stitched together over several weeks. For any keen shutterbugs, the cameras were fitted with EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lenses and Extender EF 2x III teleconverters, and mounted on Rodeon VR Head ST robotic panorama heads.

The resulting 320 gigapixel image allows you to merrily trundle your way from bedroom to office windows, and share any particular vistas you like across Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Unlike Google Street View, residents of London's W1T postcode captured by the 360 degree view haven't had their faces blurred, and car number plates are entirely legible. BT claims that were the image to be printed on standard photographic paper, the panorama would measure 98 by 24 metres.

Knuckledragger, on 25 Feb 2013 - 13:57, said:

GJu3aL4.jpg

Я не понимаю это.

On an unrelated note, when I came home tonight, I had the apartment dark (like I usually do), but I could still see the little silhouette of a cat on my refrigerator, and immediately decided if I ever get two more black cats, I would name them "Scaramouche" and "Fandango" (although I would not do that to Gremlyn, because she already has a [cool] name).