Ever since I built the new PC I had this weird lag with games more noticeable with the mouse movements, specially on fps where it makes hard to point at stuff, but the thing is that the fps's are constantly 60 and above.

This takes the fun from games for me.. I pretty much tried everything I could remember so I figured I should try my luck here.

Any ideas ?

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

If that didn't happen before, open the computer and vacuum clean all the fans and heatsinks, specially in the CPU, mobo and GPU. When the processor gets a bit hotter than intended, won't break but would produce lags, skipping and such weird behavior.

Edited by Torpedo

disable mouse acceleration, vsync, reduce video to lowest settings, turn off all background processes but keep a temperature monitor on and log processor and gpu temps. if the issue persists, try overclocking the usb port to match the polling rate of the mouse. you have to hexedit which potentially could mean bad things for your motherboard so be careful of what you edit and keep a copy of the old file just in case. rename it and put it in a different folder so there is no confusion. the usb oc helped a lot when i wanted to use a higher polling rate with a razer copperhead. smoothed out mouse movement. do one thing at a time as in first disable mouse acc. see if that helps. then disable vsync, see if that helps etc. will help troubleshoot better. post specs of new rig and what games you are trying to play. i find gameplay a lot more engaging than pretty graphics so i typically run shit on lower settings if necessary just to have a smoother playing environment.

If that didn't happen before, open the computer and vacuum clean all the fans and heatsinks, specially in the CPU, mobo and GPU. When the processor gets a bit hotter than intended, won't break but would produce lags, skipping and such weird behavior.

this will help a lot if you've not done so before. also try reseating the video card. This is either a driver issue or a setting/driver issue.

I thought you had this figured out when you realized you were doing a sort of crossfire with your CPU's GPU and your video card causing a stutter. Did you ever try disabling one of the two in the device manager and seeing what that changed? Maybe try moving the video card to another PCI-e slot?

Wat.

I said "sort of" because I know it can't be crossfire, but that is how whale described it to me. Said that turning the refresh rate to 120hz should fix the problem. I've never heard of such a thing.

It seems much more likely to be a polling issue on the mouse to me as well, I seriously doubt the video card is causing the lag. I don't even remember the computers specs.

It seems much more likely to be a polling issue on the mouse to me as well, I seriously doubt the video card is causing the lag. I don't even remember the computers specs.

That depends on whether the problem is exactly like the video or not, since the video shows the same lag while running straight (no mouse movement).

I'm guessing this happens offline, so the internet is out of the question. If the fans are working (especially the card fan) and temps are in check, no real-time virus scanner creating the problem, the video card is in the correct first open PCI-E x 16 slot with both power inputs securely fastened,the power supply is adequate, hard drive reports no errors on a drive scan, firmware and drivers on motherboard, hard drive, and video card are up to date, the clock is correctly set on the RAM, memtest86++ checks out, there is enough RAM installed, and the CPU isn't overclocked with hyperthreading enabled, than I don't know what it could be other than what others have already suggested.