Everything posted by Torpedo
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Renaissance - Prologue
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Renaissance - Renaissance
-
Volcanic eruption here in Iceland
Damn, this is getting ugly. Mother Earth is complaining
-
Volcanic eruption here in Iceland
Stay safe Birgir.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Vivaldi - Concerti per fiauto traversiere (Academia Montis Regalis)
-
Recommendations for jazz bassists similar style of Ray Brown or Paul Chambers
This is one of them:
-
Ye Macce Threade
Cool, that's excellent news
-
Your recent music purchases
Glad you're liking that album. Definitely one of my fav ones
-
Ye Macce Threade
If possible it's what I'd try, but there are circumstances that I'd need to run both systems. Anyway, it's what it is, maybe the new faster processor allows that without much performance loss.
-
Ye Macce Threade
I don't need much graphic power, but rather a more powerful processor and more RAM to run parallels so I can use Windows if needed, which I'm afraid I'll need However your point makes a lot of sense and probably explains why Apple didn't use the i5 on the 13" MBP.
-
Ye Macce Threade
Damn, I was expecting an i5 based 13" MBP Had I known the 13" was getting only a faster processor, I'd have purchased it a couple of months ago.
-
Recommendations for jazz bassists similar style of Ray Brown or Paul Chambers
Leroy Vinnegar. His appearances on "My fair lady" with Shelly Manne, and "Gerry Mulligan meets Ben Webster" are the ones that come to mind. I don't have any of his albums as main artist. I suppose you have these albums: They're good ones to check if you like John Clayton and Christian McBride. NHOP and Ron Carter are worth checking. If you like Oscar Peterson, his albums featuring NHOP are great.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Tony Williams - Spring (ND)
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Frou Frou - Details
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - I Learned the Hard Way
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Max Roach & Clifford Brown - Daahoud [OMR]
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Boards of Canada - Twoism
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Let me see, we covered Blue Note, Verve, Riverside, Concord, Prestige, not sure GRP (more "easy listening jazz"), then time for Columbia (now Sony BMG) like this one: Then we have Telarc, LRC, Savoy, ESC, SteepleChase, High Note... it's harder getting samplers of the smaller labels, though I think Telarc Jazz issued some.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Grant Green - Matador (Needle drop) Not sure if that cover matches the original vinyl
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Various Artists - EJN Weekly mp3 Music Sampler #6 These samplers are quite good. Listening now to Shakura S'aida "Maybelle's Blues". Great tune
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Dinah Washington - The Complete Roulette Jazz Sessions (listened to CD1, now CD2)
-
What are you listening to Part Two
I've listened to it. Really good, thanks for the tip. Now listening to Carole King - Tapestry How nice is this
-
Happy Birthday Grand Enigma!
Happy Birthday!!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
The Oscar Peterson Trio - Complete Clef - Mercury Studio Recordings (CD1)
-
Happy Birthday Sherwood!
Happy Birthday. I wish it was a great one