Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Torpedo

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Torpedo

  1. Don't shoot me Gorillaz - Plastic Beach I needed to know by myself what's all the fuzz about...
  2. Happy B-Day
  3. Scottish Chamber Orchestra (Mackerras) - Mozart Symphonies 38-41 [HD 24/88.2]
  4. I don't keep a pic of my first HiFi rig, that was about 30 years ago, but I've found pics of some of its components: Dual 1225 turntable. Don't ask about the cart VIETA (Spanish brand) integrated amplifier with phono input. Mine wasn't this exact model, but looked a bit similar. You get the idea though. Marantz (Superscope era) cassette deck. Again mine wasn't exactly this very same model, but came quite close with the big VU meters, phones out, mic inputs... No luck finding the speakers, they were an obscure brand named "Jackson". They were 2 way monitors, not exactly "bookshelf" but not very big either. They served well for 3 or 4 years until I managed to burn the coils Hey, I was 17 or so and we were partying My first headphones were closed, with coiled wire and a volume pot on the right cup. I can't even remember the brand, but I can remember they weren't good at all, I much preferred listening through the speakers.
  5. EJazzNews weekly music sampler #1 eJazzNews New Music Weekly Sampler
  6. I hope it's nothing Knuckles, if anything, that it gets better soon.
  7. Viktoria Mullova & Otavio Dantone - Bach Sonatas (for violin and harpsichord) Pure bliss, I love this woman's playing.
  8. Good luck with your surgery Nate, though perhaps we should wish it to your surgeon. Best wishes
  9. Happy Bday!!!!
  10. Happy (belated) Birthday Dmitri, I hope you had a great one
  11. Torpedo replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    Here the first I linked not only doesn't show, but going to the link, it says "forbidden". Maybe it's an IP thing, or some Chrome bug.
  12. Happy Birthday Nate, have a great day
  13. Torpedo replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    Seems they blocked the pic. Maybe this one works:
  14. This people offer the service for $19 plus your shipping cost
  15. Torpedo replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Miscellaneous
    I'd get this one
  16. yep, the noisier ones with boutique tubes are da awesome
  17. Parliament - The Best of Parliament: Give up the Funk
  18. Wes Montgomery - The alternative Wes Montgomery
  19. Chet Atkins and Tommy Emmanuel - The Day the Fingerpickers Took over the World
  20. Happy Birthday!!!
  21. Get the Boston Symphony Orchestra releases on high res available at their site. Great recordings, the Daphnis et Chloe was awarded a Grammy for the best orchestral performance. The Mahler and Brahms are very nice too.
  22. Torpedo replied to Hopstretch's topic in Headphones
    Congratulations Al, they look great, also the case. Impressions?
  23. Yep, I suppose, and it shouldn't be very expensive if it must not be a custom order. IIRC Birgir posted some pics (or has them) showing the trafo primaries so with a bit of soldering it should be possible to use the stock trafo at 230V. However we won't be sure this unit has the same trafo as the one Birgir knows until it arrives
  24. It will come with a 230>100V step down external transformer, so I'll be able to use it right away. Not very sure it can be converted into 230V operation, nor if there will be any differences from using it with the step down or converted. We'll see

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.