Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Torpedo

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Torpedo

  1. Thanks Nate, I was quite sure you had installed it if it's recommended to drive speakers. Smeggy, will you install a zobel then? Maybe you can add one on the jack adapter you built. Seems easier than putting it inside.
  2. LOL well, unit's looks match the pics at AMB's site, and also has the Nugget Audio plate, but who knows, maybe Nate is outsourcing builds to China
  3. Maybe I've been just lucky, but from the speaker outs (which I still don't know if have the zobel installed, but I suppose it has) the B22 didn't do anything strange, nor suffered any damage, driving the SRD-7/O2 combo for several weeks for more than 4 hours many days. Sound was very good, I must say. Good enough to let me recognize the O2 virtues. We also drove a friend's pair of 303 and the B22/SRD7 literally "trounced" my friend's Stax amp, which IIRC was a SRM-313.
  4. That's a lower impedance than most headphones will load the phones output, but still higher than many speakers', so not sure if the zobel would be still needed. I suppose the zobel is required to have a constant impedance load on the output, to avoid the high current intensity demands from low impedance speakers. While quite powerful and "overkill" maybe the B22 "as is" won't be very happy driving 2 Ohms at 100Hz.
  5. Not that large hehehe. I can't say how the B22 "feels" electrically driving the SRD7 (or the other trafo boxes) and the phones, and if that's any different than driving the boxes alone without phones connected. This last scenario isn't something I've tried, but driving the boxes and phones it didn't get any warmer than usual, or produce any anomalous response I've detected.
  6. I looked at the input circuit of the SRD7 and when switched on to drive the Stax phones, it presents an 8 Ohm impedance to the speakers outs of the amp. It has 2x16 Ohms resistors in parallel for channel. When switched to "speakers" the circuit just drives the signal to the box own speaker outs. So I think it's as a suitable load for the B22 as a pair of speakers as long as the B22 is made to drive them. The trafo box for their electrets (I have two of them) also have those resistors. FWIW my B22 has been driving a SRD7>O2 for several weeks without the slightest problem. Not sure if my B22 has the zobel inside, it's Nate who should tell since he built it.
  7. Congrats!!! And please elaborate, I guess that's a fun reading
  8. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band live in Buenos Aires, 1988. Available for online listening at Wolfgang's Vault. Great site btw.
  9. Torpedo replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    ^ Astonishing, really impressive.
  10. Ahmed Abdul Malik - Jazz Sounds of Africa It's quite funny that the disc cover has a typo on Ahmed's name
  11. Laika Fatien - Misery
  12. Very bad news indeed, Al I hope you find someone close who can fix it, though considering how Mikhail built those amps, maybe rebuilding it were a more correct term. Do you have the circuit schematics and other info that the technician might need? Good luck
  13. Happy Bday mate, have a great one!!!!
  14. Torpedo replied to CarlSeibert's topic in Music
    Yep. I joined when you had no downloads limit for a quite low fee. Then they changed to the plans system with limited downloads, so I canceled my subscription, but a couple of years later, I decided to join again. They billed me USD9.99 for 40 tracks/month until they started the European branch, then the fee changed to 9.22 euros (dollar wasn't as weak at that time). That's been my fee for a few years, they've tried to convince me to change to other plans, but all them are way more expensive, so I've been enduring. I suppose they're considering my initial joining date, when the deal was so irresistible, to calculate my status.
  15. Torpedo replied to CarlSeibert's topic in Music
    I have no notifications Looks like they'll keep billing me 9.22 euros monthly for some time. If they raised the quote, then I'd consider canceling my subscription.
  16. Torpedo replied to CarlSeibert's topic in Music
    I have a similar deal with them but with monthly payments. I got it raised about three years ago when they opened the European branch, so they charge me close to 10 euros for 40 downloads every month. They haven't warned me that any raise is coming yet, but I suppose they'll do sooner or later.
  17. Torpedo replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
  18. Torpedo replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
  19. Saint-Sa
  20. Shelby Lynne - Just a little Lovin'
  21. Decemberists - The Hazards of Love
  22. Feist - Monarch
  23. LOL Welcome Ironbut, you look like you'll enjoy the stay
  24. Torpedo replied to justin's topic in Headphones
    Be careful, some those ebay cases are just a copycat of the ones at hifiheadphones. Are softer, smaller (so the wires have to flex too much to fit) and not as nice. Difficult saying for the pics. I have one from hifiheadphones and I'm quite happy with it. I use it to keep the PS-1. GS-1 and PS-1000 won't fit. I hope the HF-2 fit as well, if so, I'll order another.
  25. Done!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.