Everything posted by Voltron
-
What did you do today?
That's the attitude, Brent. Some things are not meant to be, as I was pretty certain when the sea sucked your wedding ring off your finger. :/ You and your kids can move on and probably have a happier life together and separately if that is how it goes. Hang in there and good luck. As for me, my vacation is ending as I type and I will be back at work tomorrow and in NYC for meetings starting Wednesday. Had a nice time in Michigan but had to get all litigator-y on the the Traverse City Delta Airlines gate guy when he tried to tell me that we were going to be bounced from the flight and that all flights for the next 2 days are oversold like that one. Got on the flight and made the 1-hour connection in Detroit so all was well. Nice to be home, leave the hot and muggy weather for cold and foggy, and to sleep in my own bed. Plus, I haven't shaved all week and even though it was a nice change for a few days I cannot wait to shave off this beard in the morning.
-
What are you EATING right now?
sounds like a tasty fucking sauce
-
What are you EATING right now?
The Raclette is broiled in slices and then plopped on top of the potatoes, pickles, and I forgot the red onion. Swiss delicacy.
-
What are you EATING right now?
We had a Raclette cheese, broiled potatoes and cornichons with salad tonight. Leelanau Cheese makes very good Raclette.
-
Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Nice to hear from you Steve, and glad you're liking the Crack so much, you old ho.
-
tom_hankins, happy birthday to you!
Harbeth birthday to you. Harbeth birthday to you. Harbeth birthday dear Tom Hankins, Harbeth birthday to you! Cheers!
-
What did you do today?
Sorry about the connecting flight V, but hope there is some strawberry in that rhubarb pie because that is mah favorite. And Wayne, it is so damn true that it is fun to hang out in Three Forks. We had a blast two summers ago even without an Atom. I have been thinking a lot about the idea of MOA Michigan and it would be so damn fun up here with you fools. The only thing is, the in-laws have to kick the bucket or be out of the way some other way. I am working on it.
-
What did you do today?
Funny you should mention drinking the Glenfarclas Cask Strength out of the bottle because that is one of my first single-malt memories. A friend gave me a bottle in its wooden box and I ended up taking it on a camping trip with a bunch of people. A small number of us drained the bottle passing it around and shooting straight out of the bottle. Great stuff and a great buzz. Actually did a fair bit of jumping over campfires that night....
-
What did you do today?
It will be a few years, but MOA Michigan will be epic and fun. Lots of room and water and beach and dunes and trees and shit. Must plan now for the future...
-
2010 RMAF/CJ@RMAF
Dammit! Fucking trial continuance is killing me! I would have been at RMAF for sure if trial finished in August like it was supposed to.
-
The analog thread.
I have He Poos Clouds on vinyl too, although I got it from Zanth in the xmas exchange not from a crate by the side of the road. :jbl: Sound like some cool mods, Pete. Let us know the results.
-
What did you do today?
Vacation day 2. Boated more today, and various people tried water skiing although my clever wife (who hasn't been on water skis for 30 years) was the only one to really succeed. More efforts tomorrow. After exhaustion set in, we had a late lunch then BBQ dinner with relatives and friends from around the lake at Peterson Park on Lake Michigan. Good stuff, followed by an evening tubing run in the evening and couldn't shake my son even once although he was airborne and crossed the wakes at wild angles a couple of times. Here is Peterson Park: Now hoping that the loft room we are in cools down so I can sleep tonight sooner than last night....
-
Happy birthday, Digipete!
Happy birthday Pete! Toasting you with a Perfect Cocktail as soon as I stop typing. Cheers!
-
Let's go brew some hardcore beer, ye furry sons-a-bitches!
Nettles, aye.
-
Ayre K-XR Pre and M-XR Monoblocks -- Who's heard them?
That's a fuckload of cock rings. I miss Stretch. Make him play more in our sandbox! I want Smeagol and Gollum to come for a listen at MOA II. It will only be a 22 hour flight!
-
2010 RMAF/CJ@RMAF
Keith? And here I thought he was the ghost of Bill Bixby, may he rest in eternal peace. Dang.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Pliny for Cicada? No problem. I would be close to a 5.1 Moth system with your new pair.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Nice going. Did he drop the price?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
I just listened to Boston Boston on vinyl last week. Made me giggle because one of friends got 4 copies of it on his 14th birthday. Now THAT was a popular debut.
-
Mini meet in South Miami.
Universal fit versions of customs are still universal fit.
-
Ayre K-XR Pre and M-XR Monoblocks -- Who's heard them?
Thanks all. The current setup (especially the Mac/Amarra) is not final and must be shifted. Need to figure out arrangement but happy to have it going for now. Anybody have thoughts on the idea of leaving the rig playing all week while on vacation? Somebody will be at the house every other day. Dangerous? I'll-advised?
-
Ins-n-Outs of In-N-Out
Nice! Hopefully made that last slog a little easier to handle. It's easy to get on a in n out jag, which has serious health consequences.
-
What did you do today?
OK, Team Milled Chassis pics posted over here.
-
Ayre K-XR Pre and M-XR Monoblocks -- Who's heard them?
Here's the temporary setup, although the third rack with headphone gear is off to the left side and so disorderly that I am leaving it out of the pics. I also have received 9 new shelves from Core Audio to replace the existing shelves. Arnold who runs Core was bummed that I have had some cracking in the wood on the shelves and told me that they had come from a batch that was cured improperly by his supplier. Even though they were way out of warranty he replaced them all for free and delivered them to my house himself. Anyway, I have to re-build the shelves and will re-organize the system at that point. For now, this is the best pron I can offer.
-
Ayre K-XR Pre and M-XR Monoblocks -- Who's heard them?
Uncrossed my fingers and pushed the button on the K-XR and all is well. The right button was replaced as "faulty" and works a treat. The unit was returned with the same serial no. but I still need to check the FW rev. I am back in business with the Ayre C-5xe and Amarra 4 as sources. I am not able to spend the time needed to really assess the sound and the dealer and online sources insist that it will need some break-in time. Not planning on running it straight for 500 hours, but maybe I will reserve judgment for awhile. The sound now is quite nice and as black as black can be when muted or in between tracks, etc. Not a hum or a buzz to be heard. When I cranked it up -- only to 44 out of 99 so far -- it was loud and powerful but not distorted. All good so far. Here are the iPhone pics from original unpacking. The remote is shrink-wrapped into its own box: Typical double boxes with a nice custom foam insert system: Then the plastic bag over the unit (sounds nasty): Then the branded micro-fibre cloth bag over the unit: Some better shots of it today will follow shortly.