Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. Voltron replied to Duggeh's topic in Meets
    Nice shots Steve. This one^ reminds me of a work trip to Chicago. I went and got some hot dogs at lunch one day when I was taking depositions, and I went to find a place to sit and eat when I realized there was some kind of music coming from that amphitheater. I sat down in the seats and watched a rehearsal of a concert involving lamas in orange robes playing their funky Tibetan instruments and singing, along with some kind of Western singers or something. The director was having a really hard time communicating and it seemed quite destined for failure at that moment.
  2. Thanks for the support everybody. I woke up with a hangover, but it wasn't from alcohol. As JP put it, the KX-R has been a ferret gnawing at the back of my mind ever since our demo of it. It is a crazy purchase but it will make me and Claire happy at the same time, so long as she NEVER EVER knows the actual cost. Looking forward to having it set up and dialed in for visits. And the fact that Mayberry will be upgraded is another nice side benefit. @Mike: Nice knives. I wish I was going to be raiding your amazing beer fridge and enjoying your BBQ skills next week. @JEW: Nice knife. I like that it is solid looking but not inherently threatening like a lot of those tactical knives. @ Pete: Come on up north for a visit one of these days! In the meantime, tell us how you like that gorgeous SME. @Todd: Sweet flat screen. That's a biggun! @Deepak: Who needs a Buddha when you can rub the KX-R. I swear that there is some kind of drug on that aluminum surface that is passed through the fingertips. @Jeff: That's more singles than mixer at the Hillel House! Sorry, just watched A Serious Man last night. Anyway, beautiful beer store. Good thing that rookie has some detective skilz.
  3. Thank Steve. I just noticed the proper HC form. Thanks other Steve. The KX-R remote is larger and nicer than the standard remote but pre-programmed to work with the C-5xe.
  4. Salted caramel and malted vanilla w/ peanut brittle pieces ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery. Yum.
  5. Is Stretch in transit? I hope he gets back to regular posting status soon because I miss him. So, the motivation for this purchase investment came at CanJam when my wife emailed me the following: "I can't make the stereo play music (as usual) so call me and tell me what I have to do to make that happen." I figured that was a sign that I needed a more user-friendly but still world class pre-amp to streamline the system. With a remote. After having a good first quarter financially, I decided to go for it. The C-5xe is going to be nice and easy also with the same remote and such. Super excited but have to wait a couple to three weeks for the KX-R. Emm Labs gets demoted to Mayberry and the Doshi will be phono pre only for now. Sounds nuts, I admit.
  6. Still a little woozy, but I bought this used: Ayre C-5xe (that I will upgrade to MP) Then this new: Ayre KX-R What have I done?
  7. Cornbread stuffing sounds good even though the chimichanga I had for lunch is putting me into a coma. Your low-maintenance virtual friends are glad to have you back, Shelly.
  8. Not trying to kill any rodents, and don't own any firearms, but I did walk out the back door of Mayberry this morning to find a large wild turkey on top of my tenant's truck cab. And I don't mean a tumbler of whiskey, either. I flew off the truck and started a walking tour of the back yard. Still there when I left and Claire took these shots a little later as it perched on our shed and meandered up the hill.
  9. Nice!
  10. Voltron replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Heterosexual tendencies?
  11. There's always your sig...
  12. Jason Moran -- Ten btw, the new Herbie Hancock suckfest is unImaginably bad.
  13. Voltron replied to Thaddy's topic in Music
    I was thinking about this Nicolas Payton concert and found these images just to bring back the horror. Payton playing one-handed trumpet while plinking notes on the Fender Rhodes: And "Pat" on the bass: Worst. Performance. Ever.
  14. Buster Williams Quartet -- Live at the Montreux Jazz Festival 1999
  15. May I suggest: or or or maybe
  16. The sexing up of Rainbow Brite is getting out of hand!
  17. Well, it was right after you posted a pic of you and your male "better half" so you were sending rather mixed messages! And because of your avatar I meant to mention that I once represented Rainbow Brite, or at least her creators, in a law suit brought by a television writer. That's a good choice for Pride week too!
  18. I was trying to find something in the "true face" thread and have to admit I chuckled at this post by Shelly given her revelation here: I also want to note that my new avatar -- the bacon rainbow -- is in honor of the 40th anniversary of the San Francisco's Pride Celebration and Parade, which takes place on Saturday.
  19. Ditto to the King of the Road!
  20. Sia -- We Are Born
  21. I love salt.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.