Everything posted by Voltron
-
The Headcase Stax thread
Perhaps this will be an exception to that rule:
-
What are you EATING right now?
I love wasabi, especially the real stuff I had in Japan (bad gaijin). Now consuming a turkey and swiss with Fritos and a Diet Dr Pepper in between conference calls.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
School of Seven Bells -- Disconnected from Desire
- slow forum
-
Schiit Asgard
Congrats to the Schiit boys!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
It doesn't end with those two, of course: As half of the acclaimed duo Gnarls Barkley, Danger Mouse is no stranger to high-stakes collaborations. With the help of Sparklehorse, he has recruited a remarkable cast of contemporary artists to lend their vocals, including the Flaming Lips, Black Francis of the Pixies, Julian Casablancas of the Strokes, James Mercer of the Shins, Jason Lytle of Grandaddy, Gruff Rhys of Super Furry Animals, Nina Persson of the Cardigans, cryptic Southern songwriter Vic Chesnutt, avant-folk icon Suzanne Vega, punk titan Iggy Pop, and even David Lynch himself.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse Present Dark Night of the Soul
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Roy Haynes Trio -- Just Us
-
Post the last thing you bought!
True about the ABV. FP is 4.5 compared to 9 for 90 min. and 12 for Palo Santo.
-
Post what you're watching
NC-17 version of course.
-
2010 RMAF/CJ@RMAF
Next to zero chance I will be there with a very large trial starting later in October.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Actually, the Festina Peche on draft is quite good. Not as good in bottles, but I still like it ok that way.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
No, I bought the 4-pack from out of a cooler but I did drink the first one from the bottle while sitting in my car waiting for my son to finish his fencing lesson. I drank the other 3 bottles -- maybe too cold -- but I didn't like them much better than the first. I may try again sometime. Although never again on the raisin stuff.
-
The analog thread.
I think you mean Audiofeil International :: Welcome, pronounced Audio Fail.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
It's not as bad as their heinous raisin beer, but bad enough. Eww.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I've had it before. I hate it.
-
What did you do today?
Congrats Nate and glad to hear it came through! Tough decision, but it definitely sounds worth to take the plunge. Best of luck!
-
ZYX Bloom, best bargain MC under $5,000?
Sorry JP. Weird.
-
Post what you're watching
Me too! On the favorite part, but not the watching part. Just finished the World Cup final. Didn't think it was all that boring or that the ref was all that bad. Now watching some Tour de France but getting ready to go to a neighbor's pool.
-
What did you do today?
Turns out I could have used one of those shotguns this morning. Took the dog out first thing and was greeted by a disturbing sight: All of the trees around our back door and patio were filled with vultures. They spread their wings to look tough and to ward off other scavengers. Either, I look worse than I thought or there was something dead lying around the yard. Two days ago our dog was rolling around in something and then brought back a hoofed leg bone. That was a fawn's carcass. Turns out another one bit the dust just over the deer fence in the next door neighbor's yard. There is a grey fox living behind our house somewhere close by. When I got home last night, it was in the exact spot where the fawn is. Could be taking down these little deer or is it just opportunistic?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Hey, isn't that the album that fantastic mastering engineer worked on?! He's so cool. Yay at Stax soon to be in effect!
-
What did you do today?
Woke up early today and traveled to the East Bay for a morning at the Sheriff's Dept. shooting range. My buddy's father is a the Range Master and a long-time Reserve Sheriff. We were met by a SWAT sergeant and shooting instructor who brought some amazing weapons. That's one 40mm "less lethal" launcher, two HK MP5 SDs, one M4 carbine, one HK G36C, and two tactical pump action shotguns. Several had the EOTECH sights and those were really nice once you learned to look with both eyes. There's also a flashbang distraction device that we exploded. We also had two Sig handguns, one shorter and one longer. I fired all of them, although I did not get to throw the flashbang. With the shotguns, we used both double ought buck (8 pellets of .33 guage) and also slug rounds that is a single rifled lead slug with serious stopping power. Here is the flashbang after it exploded. Here are some action shot from my fine shooting: We also got to fire full auto and I did it with both the M4 and the MP5. That was fucking cool, and I want to do that again. There are some videos, so if I can get it figured out I will post them. Good times with lead.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Good run, Reks. I bought my parents a Samsung 6300 55" LED HDTV. They were surprised and happy and it is a killer tv.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
That was quite sporting of her, wasn't it?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Forgot that Claire dropped by City Beer for me and picked up two bottles of Cascade's limited release The Vine.