Everything posted by Voltron
-
PS 1000 break in
Look, people like his musicality and they come back for that musicality. And they can pay in $1 increments on Paypal for his professional services. How would you cretins think you can question him on anything to do with music, headphones or, really, anything else for that matter? Plus, he's mastering in the Matrix
-
PS 1000 break in
Such a shame. What's below sub-par? We're apparently under a rock underneath that. Doing homoerotic things. And snickering. And sometimes on fire.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Dewey Redman Quartet -- The Struggle Continues
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Sondre Lerche -- Heart Beat Radio
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Nice going Ian and congrats to your parents! Unnatural love for LB is quite natural. He's funny as hell.
-
Happy father's day!
Hope all the dads were well treated and had a great day. Mine was pretty sweet. Glad your grandfather was in good form Steve!
-
What did you do today?
Nice pics as always, Peter. The Tioga gas station in Lee Vining is an odd place for gourmet food but it's truly great. We ate there when I stayed at June Lake a couple years ago.
-
Apple Tablet
It was right next to it. Anyway, the Remote app works so that is mostly what I was after for now. I don't know what iteleport is so I will look at that too. Thanks guys
-
Apple Tablet
Nice. It better not be refurb. That would be bogus. Have fun V. As for me, I cannot get my iPad to connect by bluetooth to the Mac Mini. It is paired successfully but every time I try to connect it shows it as connected for a second and then not connected. Anybody have any ideas?
-
What did you do today?
Happy Birthday Lilly! You should take tomorrow off, Super Dad, and just sleep and get waited upon. It's Father's Day after all.
-
Happy birthday, 909!
What's one after 909's last birthday? This birthday! Have a great one David. Cheers!
-
Euro-meet: A Thread.
Thanks for starting the thread, Squire. I think we need to consider where the most people might migrate for a visit and what is workable from a cost perspective in terms of hotel space and such. It would be nice to do a large scale meet of some sort -- maybe not Euro CanJam -- but something more than just a get-together of our gang. It would be good for European headphones geeks and might get things rolling over there more. I will PM Contrastique to get her attention. That Dutch crew, the London/UK crew and the Spanish crew would make a nice starting point for Duggeh and Biggie to inspire and organize. We need to kick around ideas seriously and follow up on Grahames questions and others. Tally ho!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Yeah, I read the full range of Frank Herbert Dune books -- and that is a slog eventually -- and then went into the first couple Herbert the Younger books because they were a fun throw-back to the earlier true Dune books. Maybe I'll pick up a couple more but I read for pleasure so seldom that I have quite a backlog.... Recent cocktail-related purchases: Aviation gin, Curacao of Curacao, Bonal quinquina, Firelit coffee liqueur, Drambui, Benedictine, Chartreuse, strainer spoon, absinthe spoon Beer purchases: One each Brewdog Paradox and Tokio and two Sierra Nevada 30th Anniv. bock. Daughter's birthday present from us and both sets of grandparents: Canon Rebel EOS T2i with 18-55mm zoom, Canon 50mm 1.8 (to be shared with me ), 4GB hi-speed card, UV filters. She is a good photographer and is taking a couple more classes, but I admit this is over the top for a 15 year old. We can be Canon people together and share lenses and such, so that will be a fun father/daughter side benefit.
-
The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
Actually, I should withdraw that claim for now because others in the group may be closer to building than I am (Nate is) and I don't want to hold them up. I should hold off.
-
The ultimate DIY? A Stax SRM-T2!
Can I speak up now or only in three weeks?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
What do you think? It seemed to me lighter and poppier if that makes sense. I also saw him perform at Amoeba Records but saw only one song.
-
Apple Tablet
Yay! and Boo! at the same time. Have fun this weekend.
-
Music Recommendations?
I think you would like Kate Rusby, V, and it was Ric who turned me on to her too.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers -- MOJO
-
Brewdog Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Of course I will have all of them, just curious.
-
Canjam 2010 Meet Impressions
I like the fact that the Playback guy wrote up Ray Smuel, Rudi, and Qables even though none of them were actually there. I guess Ray doesn't suffer too much from not attending...
- Guess who game
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Townes is a great album. Georgia Ann Muldrow -- Ocotea
-
Brewdog Tactical Nuclear Penguin
Hey Doug, here is the list of some BrewDog treats they will have tonight. Any thoughts in particular? I had Tokyo at DanJam, and I might have tried Chaos Theory in a bottle before. Rarities on tap: Tokyo and Paradox Isle of Arran. Rarities in the bottle: Tokyo, Paradox Isle of Arran, Chaos Theory.
-
HiFiMAN HM-801
Are you Dallan on Head-Fi? Why the new name?