Happy Birthday EdipisReks!

The Monkey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole build-up from Halloween to Christmas can be overwhelming sometimes. Afterwards, some people miss the anticipation.

Myself, I get driven insane by my kids' constant obsession with pumpkins, skeletons, and pirates for Halloween as well as the Christmas lights, presents, and decorations for Christmas. It is great that they get so excited, but it gets old, because they are the obsessive types (like their parents facepalm.png )

I love the season, but in the end, I am glad to see it go every year.

Edited by roadtonowhere08

Actually the only holiday I really hate is New Years. A time for the amateur drinkers to go out and act stupid.

NYE and Halloween are my least favorites for the above reason, and for the enforced fun aspect ...

... and from the year that a kid, after eating too much candy, vomited all over our front porch. Then his mother, after getting some candy from us, showed us the vomit but didn't stick around to help clean it up.

damn, i had no idea that post-christmas letdown was a thing.

It's a thing in as much as things my brother invented* are things -- he is a psychology professor if that gives him any authority (it probably shouldn't) smile.png

*Looking around, I don't think the term is unique to him.

Edited by dsavitsk

• 2 weeks later...