How to break a digital camera?

NotoriousBIG_PJ

I had an old creative camera... yes, I know I was stupid to buy it. Anyways, it couldn't take a good picture to save its life, so I opened it up and desoldered a bunch of chips. Took it back to futureshop since the screen nolonger worked and got myself a nice point and click 6mp sony camera which I have been very happy with. :)

I had an old creative camera... yes, I know I was stupid to buy it. Anyways, it couldn't take a good picture to save its life, so I opened it up and desoldered a bunch of chips. Took it back to futureshop since the screen nolonger worked and got myself a nice point and click 6mp sony camera which I have been very happy with. :)

The flash on my unit is absolutely horrible so.... I don't want to leave dents in the camera from dropping it. Another option I've been thinking of is putting something like 16v into the power suppy instead of the 3v it needs. I would like to know what I might expect results wise from doing that (ie. will the ac adapter still work, will fuse blow etc.).

Biggie.

The flash on my unit is absolutely horrible so.... I don't want to leave dents in the camera from dropping it. Another option I've been thinking of is putting something like 16v into the power suppy instead of the 3v it needs. I would like to know what I might expect results wise from doing that (ie. will the ac adapter still work, will fuse blow etc.).
If it looks like it is easy to open I would do the same thing that I did. If you don't have a soldering iron you could always just rip a couple chips or caps off the board. If this is a futureshop or best buy type return I seriously doubt they will be opening it up to check it. :)

Biggie.

I used a 24V when I cooked mine and the adapter continues to work fine. I mean, in theory that should leave the camera disabled but aesthetically undamaged. I've never seen a fuse inside a digicam and I've had two or three apart.

I have found repeatedly dropping it works pretty well. This works especially well if one performs the repeated dropping in immediately successive steps, such as dropping it down a stairway.

What's the difference between a stairway and a stairwell, anyway?

Dropping it.... that's my wife's favorite trick; just cost me $100 to get the camera repaired.