HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Jeff I brought my Calfee :) I of course have not ridden your bikes but I had a choice between the two on the roads around here I would go Calfee.

The softer Calfee would probably be more comfortable on the rough roads. I keep thinking I need to take out the Calfee but each time I go to pick a bike there is never any desire to take the heavy bike. I need to start taking it on trips so it actually gets used. Add to that the fact that I haven't ridden in weeks I am probably leaning towards the Cervelo.

its hard to do this with a regular scale, but my bike is weighing in at 16.6lb ready for riding, with the garmin computer and cadence sensor mounted, CF bottle cages, and speedplay frog pedals. lighter road pedals will take off about 0.1lb.  i would guess for about what i paid for the bike i could get this to 15.0

That sucks man. Get your money back. Sorry that it won't work for you. I would not have thought of that issue. That said their engineers probably should have. Power2Max released a bunch of cheap crank based solutions that look good if you still want a power meter. You can always borrow mine to see if you like having one once my Vectors are here.

Edited by Dreadhead

We tested it on a few setups. The Vectors will not work on the Dura-Ace crank as it is too wide but it will work on stock SRAM Red, barely.  Anything over 38mm wide will not work until they get a new version of the pod prepared.  

We tested it with the Garmin 800 on a R3 with Rotor crank arms that worked and could not get the left pedal to show.  The right pedal would work but it was showing nothing for left.  The 810 that the store manager associated with the power meter showed both.

Yup take your money and back away. They are planning on longer pods but no time frame yet. I can't believe your store scratched your crank though. They can blame garmin if they like but that's on them in my book. I don't know what is going on with regards to the Red compatibility as the pictures on DC Rainmaker are pretty clear that it works fine. We'll see.

Edited by Dreadhead

Yeah it looks like plenty of clearance on those.  The DA are well over the 38 max that Garmin supports but it is definitely narrower than the FSA so it probably has room for the cord to plug all the way in.  On mine the pod was not touching the crank arm with three washers.  But with the three washers the little connector cord would not reach to engage the plug.

Edited by VPI