HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

The Praxis rings are awesome... Just linked the KCNC because it's something else, and figured Jeff would hate them. The Praxis ones would probably be a nice upgrade over the stock ones, maybe save some weight, and definitely look a lot better on the all-black bike. Order some now and you'll be able to sell the FSA ones as new :)

**BRENT**

I think that is a good choice Justin. I always tend to larger than smaller in frame size for myself, but then I'm a bit old school.

i hope it was the right call, i didnt get to try the smaller frame w/ a longer stem. In reading bike forums, i see more people my height going with the smaller frame, but I also notice it seems to be a competition on those boards as to rides the smallest frame for their height or uses the longest stem. Plus most shorter men are adding 1-2" to their height and are so used to the lie that they believe it. I go with 5'8" and i have measured at 5'7 3/4" ;) . So maybe those other 5'8" guys on the 52cm are really more like 5'6". I even found one where a 5'8" guy said he was sized on a 48cm CAAD10 by his LBS. i think i could brake with my elbows on a 48cm.

Edited by justin

The trend to small frames started in the early '90s (maybe even the '80s). The thought was weight savings of a smaller frame. A foot of seatpost showing, long stems (130-140mm). The larger frame should be more comfortable for long rides.

They are also fugly.

Those were hideous. And the praxis rings are hideously expensive. Of course I find the newer cranks, particularly shimano, to be hideous looking as well, so you can write that off as you wish.

Chris, Also you can more easily get a lot of handlebar drop on a smaller frame which flattens the back and decreases your drag. I'm not saying that it's justified if you can't put out the power to go with it but that's the thinking as well as weight (which is much less of an issue these days with almost all bikes in the pros being on the UCI limit with weights).