HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Raised my seat post almost two inches on my Gunnar from initial Retul fitting and about an inch on my Calfee from where I started.  Maybe we all grew :)

Socks are good, Chris.

Nice 40-mile ride with John and a group from his area this morning.  The pace was on the high side of what I can sustain (was averaging 23 mph going north).  I got saved by a stop light after a mile when it was my turn to pull.  I was dying trying to keep it between 23 and 24.    We got dropped in the middle of the return trip, which was fine.  Maybe next time we can make it a little bit further before the drop.

Great ride today after a 10 mile hike yesterday, tough pace but wht I need to stay challenged , dropped like a bad habit at mile 30 but still happy I held on for the first 30 at a mother of a pace.

• Like 1

Sounds like fun riding at speed for all those miles, I just wish I was up to something like that.

Nice of Strava to update their interface to show more Power Meter data.  Just a short ride as it was pretty windy and the trail was packed with old people that demanded to start from every stop at a full wobble and ride head on to oncoming cyclists.

i-nM6CCg2-X2.jpg

It was good to see someone went through and wiped out all the Strava Hazardous flags some asshole had done on my local trail keeping me from keeping track of my times.

i-R5S95GZ-X2.jpg

Edited by VPI

Sounds like fun riding at speed for all those miles, I just wish I was up to something like that.

It's the power of the group and the flatlands.  When we got dropped around mile thirty, we weren't looking so good all alone in a headwind.  We were more like 17 mph.  

Nice ride JP and Vicki. Surprised you had anything left after the hike yesterday.

John did great, especially since he's not been riding much. 

Mike, we miss you.  I know you're a rucksacking monster these days, but hoping you find time to do a little riding soon.   Are you still planning on Sebring?  

• Like 1

I've registered for the hotel since that will be fill up fast.  It's just so much easier to wake up and roll out the front door instead of driving over.  I'll sign up for the event closer to the date.

Chris, it would be great if you could make it.  All HCers should try.  Where else are you going get in three good days of riding with friends in December?

Well Jet Blue has flights for under $300 but add $50 each way for bike fees and it's adding up. The hotel is pretty cheap though and for a double room. Would work well for splitting rooms.

The biggest impediment is the fact that I will have just returned from 10+ days off on the Monday. If this was one week later I think I would be far more enthusiastic.

Jeff, pedal one leg a bit on one ride to confirm that it is has L/R correct but that's not that suprising. My computrainer says I'm slightly right leg dominant I believe. I did work on it a bit because I found that my right got tired a bit earlier but in the end if you do one-legs enough and can move the load around then you'll be fine. I'm also happy to see that you're working with the 800.

Edit: Just spoke to my shop and both my Suunto and Garmin are shipped and should show up very soon. Happy happy. I'm going to head to Autozone on my way home to buy a crowfoot adapter for the shop to grind down.

Edited by Dreadhead

Yeah I can tell the pedals are right because of those dots where I was 100% on the right foot.  I start off from a stop mashing with the right while I fight to clip in.

I am right handed, left eye dominant and left leg evidently.  I know back in the day when I skateboarded I always pushed with the left foot as well.