HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Did the Beach Dr loop. Actually contrary to my expectation, it is completely closed to traffic once you hit DC.

-All picnic and *parking* areas are closed. Bikes and pedestrians are OK, or at least all the police around (a lot of them actually) didn't say anything to anyone biking around...

-Ross and all the other surrounding roads are also closed to traffic, which makes a surreal ride, tons of leaves on the road.

What time? I am off the hook all morning but would like to be home by 11:30 so finish up the loop around 1015 or 1030. I was thinking a long ride on the trail anyway so that works out.

You are doing a Metric aren't you?  I can ride over to the trail and meet you at the normal place and ride out with you and back.

I'm up for a ride tomorrow, when should I show up?

If you want you can either park at the trail or come here and we can ride over.  Kind of busy roads but not awful.

Had a great casual ride with Team HC DC this morning.  Awesome as usual, except for all the other people. There was a massive douchebag on rollerblades with ski poles trying to stab everyone on the trail and freakin horses dropping loads on the trail.  My gloves came in handy.

i-D5978QF-X2.jpg

• Like 2

I have an old Trek 8000 race/tn bike that i use mostly at home on a trainer.  The problem is that it is too small for me.  I was thinking that I could get a longer seatpost (and one that is setback) - like 400mm - until I get another bike*. 

Can you point me at some decent budget seatposts?  I looked about Thompson Elite but I don't need or want to spend that much on something that won't be used for very long. 

*I can't ride a bike still because of my shoulder so buying a new bike right now really isn't an option. 

I have an old Trek 8000 race/tn bike that i use mostly at home on a trainer. The problem is that it is too small for me. I was thinking that I could get a longer seatpost (and one that is setback) - like 400mm - until I get another bike*.

Can you point me at some decent budget seatposts? I looked about Thompson Elite but I don't need or want to spend that much on something that won't be used for very long.

*I can't ride a bike still because of my shoulder so buying a new bike right now really isn't an option.

how about a longer stem? is the problem distance to pedals or to the bars?

how about a longer stem? is the problem distance to pedals or to the bars?

Distance to the pedals is too short. Right now, I'm not even holding onto the handlebars much because of my shoulder. Also I have long legs and a short torso for my height.

Edited by shellylh