HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

http://www.freshbikescycling.com/index.php/blog/entry/pinarello-demo-event-freshbikes-mosaic-october-5

I am probably out for the weekend as the Dr. says I need to rest my sprained wrist from the little auto accident last night.

I did get my fit on the Calfee.  So much better, watching the videos showed dramatically more efficient strokes and less bouncing as the seat was way to low where I had it.  I knew it was but since I ride it so rarely I never bothered trying to get it right.  Also got the full analysis and was told that I am very symmetric and have excellent pedal stroke, etc.

Edited by VPI

I am suffering second thoughts about the Vectors. I really want them for absolutely no good reason.

Not to be a party pooper but the fact you know you want them for no good reason confirms that you shouldn't get them. They simply don't look ready for reliable use. I bet you'd be really pissed if they give you loads of issues down the road (which seems to be very possible). JMO.

• Like 1

Chris, since you want to use them on several bikes I would think the mounting issues could be pretty big in your decision process.  I have found that once safely installed they work very well and I have grown to like the pedals.  Easier to clip in to for me.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm going to keep on with what the Quarq and I'm thinking about maybe investing in a Stages powermeter for my "moving stuff around" goals instead. I can get it pretty cheap and while not as accurate and portable (because it doesn't move between shimano and sram etc) it's pretty close.

Edit: Or I'll do the most sensible thing and just stick with what I have and use the iBike and Quarq until the Garmin is sorted out a bit better or Brim Brothers comes out with a Look compatible cleat meter.

Edited by Dreadhead

Looks like Fresh Bikes is having a ride Sunday in to DC from my shop to ride around the monuments with a stop at the Arlington store.  Two big rides this weekend from the shop, they are really trying to get them in before the cold arrives.

post-644-13809922493945_thumb.jpg

3 EPS systems broke on the ride. One computer bricked and two auto down shifters broke.

Frame was pretty great and fast.

Did the second loop on the Calfee. Managed to unclip on a huge climb. Just about wiped out. Garmin kept turning itself off so my Strava will be all fucked up. Something in the pedal programming so it would keep turning itself off every time I coasted too long.

For some reason the Garmin decided I was not moving when I was going 25+ MPH.  I am not sure if the cadence/speed sensor plays well with the pedals as they have their own cadence sensor on board.  

I did end up sticking with the lead group on a serious hill climbing route.  The guy I rode with at the end said 1600FT of climbing in 17 miles.  It ended up he lives on my street just a few houses down from me.

Edited by VPI

Fucking Garmin deleted all of my ride and just shows the ride to the shop this morning.  

So are we doing a ride tomorrow?  Ben, time to do some hill climbing on your lightweight bike.  

Edited by VPI