Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2014

Aura

It really does feel great.  My brother, the Little Monkey and I invested a tremendous amount emotionally in this season.  We went to at least a dozen games, watched god knows how many others, and spent way too much money on this team.  But it is gratifying to at least have been there from the start as a fan and then have the team actually make the finals.  I'm looking forward to winning the Conn Smythe.

Good stuff, Rangers!  Nice that your dedication was rewarded Dinny, et al.  What the Rangers did was what I expected/wanted the Bruins to do, but injuries, hesitation (what will/won't the refs call), and stupidity got in the way.

Be nice to see them win it all, just because LA and Chicago have won recently.  And, it'd be a bit ironic and humorous if the coach swap between NY and Vancouver results in one not making the playoffs, and the other winning the cup.

But I don't have any preference overall, will just enjoy seeing what I hope is some great hockey to wrap it up.

I watched the first two periods, then set the last to be taped. We then went to a bar in Mayberry to meet Claire's friends and sister. We saw some band at Peri's (aka Penis) and the walked to the second spot for sausages and the game was on. Saw the last two minutes. Game 7!!!

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 1

True, but they are Penis deniers.

What does that even mean?  Some French lost in translation?  :)

Dinny ... as much as it pains this B's fans to say it, your Rangers showed true grit in eliminating the hated Habs.  No matter who wins the West, I am for the Rangers (did I really say that?) to grab the cup.  Don't tell my sainted Irish mother who would turn over in her grave, and send Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Cam Neely, and Ray Bourque from real life, along with Fleming MacKell, Jerry Toppazini, Eddie Shore, Milt Schmidt, and a host of others from the grave to beat me silly.  This is just between us, right?

Gene, I'm with you, but I don't dislike the Rangers like some other NY teams (Yankees, Jets & Giants).  They are built much the same way as the B's were/should be, good combination of grit, heart, skill.  They are faster for sure, and that helped them against the Habs.

I have no favorite in the finals, but it would be nice to see NY win it, as I stated above.

Edited by skullguise