Head Case Motorsports

VPI

Now that I've been on the track I'm dying to go autocross.

For anyone in the Bay Area it looks like the Evo School will have driver training programs October 10 and 11 at the Marina Airport down near Monterey. I'll have to check my calendar, but I think there is a good chance I'll be going.

Link: http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=598

EDIT: Two driver cars are welcome, so if anyone is interested in driving my WRX that could work.

Edited by TMoney

Bit of a drive for me, but it sounds like fun.

I got in all of the detailing stuff I got from Detailer's Domain.  Great store, 20% off your order for new customers.

I have the foam cannon now and pressure washer and the car dryer thing.  Neither really worked well enough to warrant their costs but they worked okay.

I did the wash, then a coat of Opti-Coat Paint sealant followed by a treatment of Adam's Butter Wax.

Audiclean-X2.jpg

• Like 3

Now that I've been on the track I'm dying to go autocross.

For anyone in the Bay Area it looks like the Evo School will have driver training programs October 10 and 11 at the Marina Airport down near Monterey. I'll have to check my calendar, but I think there is a good chance I'll be going.

Link: http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=598

EDIT: Two driver cars are welcome, so if anyone is interested in driving my WRX that could work.

Evolution Schools are fantastic! I've watched Junior Johnson instruct and it's very very good. A friend of mine is also an instructor, and I hung out/sat in with meetings/talks at an Eco School a while back (2 friends driving, 1 instructing, I took pix.) We did an autocross the next day and after doing the Evo School my buddy almost beat me, so it did wonders ;)

My other friend who did that one was FTD at the school in his 04 STI that is lightly prepped. You should have a blast at that!

Is there a list of instructors for this one yet? I know they usually have stacks of National trophies.

**BRENT**

How easy was the paint sealant to use?  How long did it take to cure? I plan on clay-barring and waxing my car next weekend...

While I am not entirely sure I did it right, it seemed really easy.  It comes with an applicator pad and the direction are put a very thin layer on.  If you get streaks you are using too much and you should wipe with a microfiber cloth.  You are supposed to just apply it and walk away.

I read people saying it has to cure for 24 hours on a few products, but this one said nothing like that.  Not sure.

Some non-iphone pics from the garage after gym tonight.

Audiclean2-X2.jpg

Audiclean3-X2.jpg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 3

Katie's was pretty great this morning.  Evidently it was Lambo day.

I'll start with the vintage BMW and other assorted vintage european collection for Brent and Steve.

Katies7-18-3-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-9-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-10-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-34-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-21-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-35-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-1-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-12-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-29-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-24-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-25-X2.jpg

American Vintage

Katies7-18-30-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-13-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-18-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-23-X2.jpg

Katies7-18-27-X2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not going to lie. It would kill me to see all those cars just sitting there. It is way too much of a tease. Those things are meant to be driven!

I can't imagine how awesome it would be if they had a little auto-cross course set up, or, at the very least, a drag strip.

Who the hell wouldn't want to see those vintage BMWs do drags against the vintage Porsches? 

Today's festivities. Retune after a couple upgrades.

So what were the results?

I have spent entirely too much time today trying to figure out the best way to use a floor jack to jack up a silly modern car that only offers about 6 inches of pinch weld to jack from that evidently likes to collapse and fuck up the sill and floor of the car on regular occasion.  I miss the days when you could just the fucking jack on the frame and jack it up.

I don't have the dyno sheet for today's tune. But I think the tuner said 292hp/325torque. Today was really hot and humid, not the best weather for big numbers. Butt dyno says he did a great job.

Yes those are the pinch welds which do not play well with a large floor jack plate.

Hockey pucks is your answer.