Head Case Motorsports

VPI

It is okay, if you can actually drive it it is okay. Driving around town in non-sport mode it is amazing boring. No sound, fairly pedestrian take off. It is just not an interesting car to drive during normal driving.

It is evidently a VW driven as the computer is set up by them to search for programming changes so if you pay $100 to flash stock and restock each time, they can detect it in the system.

Evidently you have to find a good service manager to become friends with or it will be caught and pictures taken and put into the VW system.

I would be very leery about trusting the Internet Lawyers as once you are TD1, you are screwed. I remember in my BMW days how many people tried to argue legal protections and BMW telling them to pound sand as they can always prove the tune/upgrade had something to do with the failure. My first M3 had new suspension and from then on anything that happened with rattles was always blamed on the upgrades and they would not even look at it.

Now if you are out of warrany, then go for it. I saw several people buying new VW Turbos because theirs blew up after they got APR. Whether APR had anything to do with it or not, they still lost their warranties. The HP increase is not remotely worthwhile to me as VW/Audi is not my most trusted reliability brand to begin with.

I wonder Jeff, reading what you're writing, if an exhaust wouldn't solve most of your issues.  What I suspect is that the Audi is simply masking what is actually going on and not giving enough visceral feedback.  And an exhaust shouldn't void a warranty.  The S4 shouldn't need more power, period.  

In an ideal world they still would have been making it with the V8.  I think that car may have suited you better.

Nate, I do not think there is anything wrong with the car. It is a really nice car, I just wanted to move to something a bit more fun/special but wanted to go fairly basic so I was always going to be a bit disappointed. It will be fine, I just think I will end up upgrading to something else before I get out of warranty, as I do not want to buy the extended warranty, and I definitely do not want to drive an Audi outside of warranty.

I believe I spoke to someone that was TD1 because of an AWE cat back exhaust. They are pretty tight with anything if you happen to take it to the wrong service rep.

Edited by VPI

Going to try to do some VCDS tweaks tonight before heading out to Katie's Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning.  http://katiescarsandcoffee.com/

If I can actually figure out how to work the damn thing I intend to do these:

Disable LED 'wink' on turn signal
Disable "Lights are on" warning
Disable NAV & Phone warning messages while entering data at speed
Disable Seatbelt Chime
Enable Adaptive brake lights
Enable Ambient Interior Lighting Control
Enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS
Enable Battery meter
Enable Euro parking lights that turn on signal at night
Enable fog lamp to come on for the same side as that turn signal
Enable Front Turn Signals as Parking lights
Enable Import CDs to MMI's HD
Enable Lap Timer
Enable LEDs remain bright for parking lights
Enable Remote Operation windows&sunroof
Enable VIM on MMI
Set Audi parking system - Switch OFF Speed
Adjust LED Brightness

Okay, I have determined that the S4 is not boring, the roads I get to drive on regularly are boring.  Made it to Katie's Cars & Coffee this morning and left with a bunch of guys on Georgetown Pike at seriously fun speed.  For some reason a large group of cyclists decided to ride this windy, zero shoulder, road this morning and they were all fat old guys.  Made for some interesting driving as everyone coming towards us was jumping out to pass the bikes and not always gauging how much time they had to make the pass.  Interesting.

C%26CKaties1-X2.jpg

One for Dan

C%26CKaties3-X2.jpg

C%26CKaties4-X2.jpg

C%26CKaties2-X2.jpg

C%26CKaties7-X2.jpg

C%26CKaties6-X2.jpg

C%26CKaties8-X2.jpg

C%26CKaties9-X2.jpg

C%26CKaties11-X2.jpg

C%26CKaties10-X2.jpg

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1

That seems like a seriously dangerous road to ride on.  So many blind corners, blind hill tops, narrow lanes and people wandering across lanes as they take the sharp corners.  I would never get on a bike on that road.