Closed - KGSSHV Carbon and GoldenReference HV PS Group Buy

mwl168

Reference is a good rule.

Agree,if it doesn't tell from the pic.

As far as I can tell from the reference JoaMat has posted the "Short if snap-in" is for people not using the 4pins Mundorf.

@Kevin: why use the Mundorf at the output? I can understand adding the option for the unregulated input ...

I just noticed that the 787k resistor on the bias section of the fat board has been relabeled to 806k. On my KGSSHV build, I used a high voltage resistor for that spot. Mouser doesn't sell any 806k resistors with voltage ratings above 500V. Is a 500V resistor ok?

I noticed another discrepancy on the silkscreen of the fat psus. On one current source there is a 4.7k resistor and on the other it is marked 4.5k. 

Furthermore the lead pitch of the 5pf/1kv disc caps in the fat psus should be increased to 6.4mm (same as in the amp boards). 

Edited by insanity

This GB is officially closed as of 7/12/2015. 

Due to the changes Kevin made to the PS boards today, it'll take a few more days for these boards to be checked before I officially request quotes from the fab houses. I hope to have information on the cost of the various boards to share in a week or so. I will post an image of the spreadsheet here for all to review.

Edited by mwl168

feel free to stuff whatever you want into whichever hole you desire

(paging steve)

will have to order a couple of parts from Canada to make sure, unless

someone knows of a usa distributor.

Soniccraft carries the Mundorf HV+ caps: http://www.soniccraft.com/index.php/mundorf-mlytic-hv-c-23_318_362?osCsid=20df84e13rd2696naqengmbio1 

Not sure if there are other US distributors.

With the new development of the KGSSHV Carbon V5 board, I like to propose that the GB switch to use the V5 board and obsolete the V2 and V3 boards. V5 board basically allows the builder to choose between the original or new servo using the same board. For more details please read Kevin's posting #4970 and subsequent discussions over at the KGSSHV main thread. 

This will effectively drive down the amp board cost for both the V2 and V3 boards but definitely more so for the V2 boards.

No action is needed from you if you agree with this proposal - I will switch your order to the V5 board. Please respond to this thread if you prefer to stay with either the V2 or V3 board.

I will be posting the details of the quotes I obtained for the various boards soon. It's been a busy weekend for me and I need to make sure my calculation is correct.  

I've asked for a quote for 400 of these http://mundorf.com/en/?category=hifi&menu=caps_power&content=mlytic_hv_4pin

470uF will be 24.20€/pcs (400pcs order)

580uF was 26.90€/pcs (400pcs order)

680uF will be 28.20€/pcs (400pcs order)

I have put in a column in the GB spreadsheet for this purpose.

Edited by sorenb

How many caps needed per amp, four?

The Golden Ref HV PSU needs four caps, if you're building the HV900 it needs double 

Update the post:

470uF will be 24.20€/pcs (400pcs order)

580uF was 26.90€/pcs (400pcs order)

680uF will be 28.20€/pcs (400pcs order)

Edited by sorenb