Closed - KGSSHV Carbon and GoldenReference HV PS Group Buy

mwl168

In rgrds to the GB for capacitors, "Insanity" have found that Farnell.com have the Kemet 680uF/550V at 32.43 USD @ +100

I'll add it to the spreadsheet. Feel free to choose either Mundorf/Kemet

Spreadsheet has been change to automaically selecting the right price (based on Farnell quote) and the total amount.

The price for each member has also been added, to make it a bit easier.

Thanks Insanity :laugh:

Edited by sorenb

Hello,

I think the formula on the spreadsheet in C5 should end with "multiply with b1" not divide..

Mundorf is 28,20€, dollar to euro are 1,1 (b1) så that should make the price in $ about 28,20€ x 1,1 (b1)= 31 $

And it`s not using the correct price to calculate on the Kemet`s.. 40pc total = $41,01 a pc, so 20pc x 41,01= $820,20 not $1008,-

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..well unless your buying Kemet`s..  ::) then you saved $188..

Hello,

I think the formula on the spreadsheet in C5 should end with "multiply with b1" not divide..

Mundorf is 28,20€, dollar to euro are 1,1 (b1) så that should make the price in $ about 28,20€ x 1,1 (b1)= 31 $

And it`s not using the correct price to calculate on the Kemet`s.. 40pc total = $41,01 a pc, so 20pc x 41,01= $820,20 not $1008,-

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news..well unless your buying Kemet`s..  ::) then you saved $188..

Corrected.

Not in C5, but in the referenced cell.

Thanks for notifying.

I've added a column, that calculates the saving for each member participating in the GB vs buying the same amount directly. 

This is done so each participant can see if the shipping added, might eat up the saving.

Insanity made that point, thanks to Insanity.

I have posted the detail of everyone’s order and total cost here and also on my first post. Please review and verify your quantity is up to date and correct. Note that for the single PS boards, quantity of 2 indicates you will receive 1 left board and 1 right board (or 1 minus and 1 plus for the LV).

The net cost of the board is the manufacture cost of the board which I posted earlier. The gross cost accounts for contribution to Kevin’s board and packaging material. I then round it to the whole dollar (5 boards were rounded up, 2 were rounded down). Please let me know if you have objections or concerns.

Additionally, I’ve asked PCBnet for new quotes to up the HV PS boards to 3oz copper based on Kevin’s recommendation. I will post the new quotes when I receive them.

post-4147-0-76718900-1438033344_thumb.jp

I have a question about PayPal fee and hoping someone with legal expertise can help clarify or confirm one way or the other.

I spent some time this weekend reading PayPal’s policy and, based on my understanding, I feel we should be able to use what we generally refer to as “PayPal Gift” when you send me the money for your order and not have to incur PayPal fee.

Here is my reasoning:

1.       This is a Group Buy, effectively we are pooling our money together to purchase merchandise (PCB boards) in large quantity to reduce cost. I am simply the person organizing the GB and collecting the money from the participants to pay the manufacture.

2.       You are not buying boards or services from me. I am not profiting from this process.

Can someone with legal expertise/knowledge/experience chime in? I prefer not to organize the next GB from behind bars  ::)

Edited by mwl168

scratch the 2 hv single skinny boards for me if possible, otherwise all the quantities are fine. PayPal gift not an issue.

It's your decision on the HV single skinny boards. Just be aware that those boards are small quantities and that's why the cost is high. Reducing quantity will likely drive the cost higher by a significant margin. No pressure:-)

Edited by mwl168