Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

So the idea with all the new TT's I've been picking up is to mod them with wooden plinths and new parts, then sell them. Is it bad that I don't want to sell them now? Is it redundant to have 3 very different TT's on top of my racks?

Well if you do sell them, I want dibs! ;D

I tagged onto a VT4C.com order of luvdunhill's a little while back. I didn't expect them so soon.

The quality is fantastic, and the cone feet and record clamp are seriously heavy pieces. I'll most definitely order from them again.

Quite inexpensive too, IIRC I paid about $105.00 total.

conesandclamp001512x384cq9.jpg

conesandclamp002512x384kz6.jpg

My signed/limited copy of Snow Crash came while I was at canjam!

Me too! :prettyprincess:

In fact, I am so impressed with this one that I think I'm going to get out of pen collecting completely and refocus on small press sff collecting. Now if only nightshade would come up with the PSS LE I ordered two years ago. :rant:

A moon audio modded Original CD player. In a word, outstanding. Steve, you'd better start thinking about wood accents for this. :D

I agree with Jay re how it sounded. I heard his rig with his old cdp and then the Drew's personal modded Original (though I think Jay bought a level two modded one). It was a significant improvement. I was thinking that his balanced K340s and Massive Attack amp didn't sound much different than my SE K340s and Extreme Platinum. The source switch brought out better imaging and sense of space, especially in the K340s already nice midrange. I wish, like always, I could have spent more time checking it out, but there was too much to listen to, and at some point, the ears and brain shut down.

Congrats, Jay, and it was great hanging out you at CanJam.

I tagged onto a VT4C.com order of luvdunhill's a little while back. I didn't expect them so soon.

The quality is fantastic, and the cone feet and record clamp are seriously heavy pieces. I'll most definitely order from them again.

Quite inexpensive too, IIRC I paid about $105.00 total.

Yes VT4C has a lot of interesting and different stuff. Philodox and I have their tube bases on our amps and I have used some of their beefy power cables for some power cable builds of mine. Steve, they have a nice selection of knobs too for some of your future projects.

To be honest I didn't do much comparison between drews personal unit and the model I bought, but it sounded as good as his to me, and if anything was a bit smoother... Which is just what my rig needs. :)

I had tons of fun hanging out with the florida crew. You were tons of fun Vickie. ;)

Sorry steve, no pics, though you can see them on the moon audio website.

Sorry steve, no pics, though you can see them on the moon audio website.

Ah the 2008, I almost bought a stock unit before finding the Oberon CDP I used to have.

Those mods look really nice! And I hate to be a killjoy but that player really doesn't need wood accents. It's an all out industrial design assault, and it would take away from the design IMHO.

Of coarse the customer is always right, so if you insist...

Color me jealous. I'm really tempted, but I'm trying to cut down on audio spending. :sadcat:

Incidentally, how many CD's per month for the subscription?

2-3, so $60-$90 a month, Acoustic Sounds takes care of the shipping. Pretty much maxes my music budget, but I'm sure I'll find a way to squeeze a new LP in there now and again. ;)

wutz dat?

Oberon Audio Aton Series CDT-1 CD Player. True balanced outputs as well as SE output and tube buffered SE output. A nice player, I had it for about 8 months before going to a dedicated CD Transport.

oberonaudiocdt1512x385sl8.jpg

2-3, so $60-$90 a month, Acoustic Sounds takes care of the shipping. Pretty much maxes my music budget, but I'm sure I'll find a way to squeeze a new LP in there now and again. ;)

Hi Jack, Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. BTW, congrats on the GS1000 sale. So are you going to take the plunge and get a D5000 like you posted in the CanJam thread?

Those mods look really nice! And I hate to be a killjoy but that player really doesn't need wood accents. It's an all out industrial design assault, and it would take away from the design IMHO.

Of coarse the customer is always right, so if you insist...

The lundahl transformers on the output work some kind of magic, definately a step up from the zapfilter. I suppose it could have something to do with the different dac chip and transport design though, so who knows.

I hear what you are saying, but I can't help but think there must be some way we can sneak some wood in there. :D