Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

The lundahl transformers on the output work some kind of magic, definately a step up from the zapfilter. I suppose it could have something to do with the different dac chip and transport design though, so who knows.

I hear what you are saying, but I can't help but think there must be some way we can sneak some wood in there. :D

Believe in the transformers!! ;)

I just bought and installed some new PC stuff:

AMD Athlon 6000+ Dualcore processor

4GB of DDR2 ram

Gigabyte motherboard

Geforce 9600GT 512MB

It's a huge upgrade over my old rig and playing Crysis in medium settings and 1680x1050 is something else. :dance:

Thanks for the props on the vehicle, I'm just happy I have been able to stave off becoming "Mini-van Man" for another 5 years :dance:

Vicky: Did you make it into the first build group for the BHSE?

Let's just say that Vicki is now known as "Ms. RK50"! :o

i had a 1GHz T-Bird running at 1.4, once. fast machine, for the time.

Those were the days....15k rpm hard drive grinding away....8000 rpm 60mm CPU fan wailing....~65% efficient power supply burning up.....FUN! Not to mention the $10 Sony headphones :(

Justin's rig was pretty smokin', I can completely understand, Vicki. I would be doing just what you are now, if it were at all feasible. I can only imagine how it might have sounded with a better souce. Oh right, I can, probably something like the HE90/ES2/R2R system from MOA, without that silly Sennheiser coloration ;)

:o Not much of a gamer are you...? ;)

It's in my old system. My current mighty 5 year old XP2800+ still suffices for the games I play. (WC3, RA2, Q3 and Deus Ex basically). The Raptor hard drive made more difference than any CPU change though.

It's in my old system. My current mighty 5 year old XP2800+ still suffices for the games I play. (WC3, RA2, Q3 and Deus Ex basically). The Raptor hard drive made more difference than any CPU change though.

The HDD and RAM are as big a part as the CPU and GPU when it comes to ultimate performance or were you talking about RSA Raptor.... ::)