Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Larry,

Those look awesome. I have met the ownre, Mark Waldrep a couple of times at local audio events, one of which was Canjam, and he seems to be pationate about his work and is a really nice guy to boot.

AIX Records - Audio Fidelity Beyond Reality

jubercover2.gif

Laurence Juber - Guitar Noir

Price: $24.98

featuring:

Domenic Genova, bass

Steve Forman, percussion

features:

Recorded in 96 kHz/24-Bits

96 kHz/24 Bits PCM Stereo Mix compatible with all DVD players

Compatible with DVD-Audio and DVD-Video players

Multiple Camera Angle Video

Interviews with the Artists

Video of the rehearsals

Alternate 5.1 channel surround mixes "Stage" and "Audience" POV

History of Acoustic Guitar Video

Master Class Guitar Lesson - Multi Angle

Printable TAB notation for "Along the Way"

Extensive Interactive Liner Notes on the Performers, Session and Technical Info

Complete information on the DVD format, 5.1 channel surround and Setup Instructions

1.5tb hard drive to replace the one that my drobo cooked by "sticking" on and overheating and having to be unplugged. At least it didin't cook them all that would have wiped out all my music or photos. I now know not to let the drobo figure it out itself but just shut it down when acting weird.

Also thinking of buying carbonite backup...

Another quad core pc with 6G of ram. Odd, I purchased my officeoffice and home office pcs at the same time six years ago and both decided to wank out on me three weeks apart. There must be an eclipse or something going on.

Six years is pretty good indeed if they are not DIY PC's. I have noticed the half-life of OEM PC's continuing to decline lately.

Did they have similar warranties? "Planned obsolescence".

Identical, "Planned obsolescence" X2.

Yeah, I am not really complaining I guess six yearsin computer years is nearly the equivalent of a century in human years. Besides I went from 250mg HD and 1.5 of ram to 1T and 6 gigs--- frickin' fast. It may be the honeymoon, or some type of placebo effect, but now Foobar sourced music through my external dac seems to sound better and more natural than the old system using the external dac and external soundcard. My old system was Win XP, perhaps the new Win is a win.

Edited by Augsburger

I have noticed the half-life of OEM PC's continuing to decline lately.

It's an unfortunate and intended result of product strategy from some asshole corporations. Inducing outdatedness through design = frequent consumer refreshing = more revenue. :/

Damn. Should have asked. Did not look at Backblaze. Reading a bit about the incremental backup I think I may switch... only cost me an extra $6 or something... oh well.

Its been awhile since I looked at Mozy and Carbonite, but I remember not liking the Mozy interface as much as Backblaze. I think both were $5 a moth each, I forget what Carbonite was. I think Carbonite had some sort of catch to it where I couldnt upload from an external disc or something, but its been so long I can't remember. I do believe the price should be about equal for all of them though, give or take.

Its been awhile since I looked at Mozy and Carbonite, but I remember not liking the Mozy interface as much as Backblaze. I think both were $5 a moth each, I forget what Carbonite was. I think Carbonite had some sort of catch to it where I couldnt upload from an external disc or something, but its been so long I can't remember. I do believe the price should be about equal for all of them though, give or take.

Yeah I tried carbonite but the USB thing killed it since everything is on a drobo. I'll switch to backblaze since it does incremental and saves a lot of effort over time. It also seems to bandwidth throttle better apparently.