Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

a new edition of the Idiot, by Dostoyevsky. a friend of mine, a professor where i go to school, applied one of my paper's from last year into a grant competition, without my knowledge!, and i won $2000, so i have some spare cash now :)

Wow nice. I liked reading Dostoyevsky when I had Philosophy in college ;). Also, the cigars and scotch that you have sounds good.

well, duh, it's Dvor?k ;) though i do rather like his cello concerto...

yeah I pretty much have no idea what kind of classical I like, so I'm listening to all of it. It'll probably take me a loooong time to hone down to my favorite composers. I pretty much know I like Beethoven and Tchaivosky, those are the only ones I've 100% on. :)

I'm dangerously close to calling Mottishaw @ nibs.com to finally snag the Bexley 2007 Owners Club LE.

http://www.nibs.com/BexleyOwnersClubPensMahogany.htm

I hate how expensive it is, but I screwed around and missed it for sale at $80 less. Now nobody really has it in stock, and these rarely come up for sale in the used market.

I didn't care for the 650 with the Cardas. I think it really benefitted from being paired with a Zu or Equinox, but the Cardas experiment was short lived. Take all the sterotypical negatives about the 650 and that's kind of what I found with the Cardas. I actually preferred the stock cable :(

edit:

Nate beat me too it, but yeah, what he said O0

Personally not a huge fan of the Cardas/650 combo, I actually preferred the stock cable over the Cardas. But you should be able to get about $100 back for the cable and move on from there.

Always an option. Other than meet settings I haven't heard any of the aftermarket Sennheiser cables. Who knows it might sound good on my HD580.

sell the cardas, get zach to make you an oracle. :)

Maybe if someone sent me a loaner and I liked what I heard :P

FWIW I liked the Cardas on 580/600s.

I was actually digging the HD650 the last time I heard them on my M^3, so it might be the HD580 that goes. On that modest setup the differences between the 580 & 650 weren't huge.

But I'm skeptical if I'd even be able to hear cable differences since the headphones will be used straight out of an E-MU0404 USB when I'm at the hospital.

But I'm skeptical if I'd even be able to hear cable differences since the headphones will be used straight out of an E-MU0404 USB when I'm at the hospital.

While I really like how the E-MU0404 USB sounds, it's still making me hanker for a cheap balanced amp to get it to that next level.