Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

We have a pretty crappy router that BT gave us, and I cant even replace it with something better because getting into it to even find out all of the proprietary settings involves installing a software suite that makes the AOL browser look as small footprint, simple and stable as notepad.

I have 4 housemates with 5 or 6 computers between them and they all run wireless and all like to download and file share, besides the router is literally on the hall table outside my bedroom door, so running the cable wasnt difficult.

did you just use the analog out of the AEX before or am I missing something?

You're missing something. I've used the optical out on the aex (and macbook) with the apogee. Then it stopped working after I took the apogee to a meet. But the optical out on both still works with the dac in my luxman integrated amp, so it's the apogee that's being picky.

You're missing something. I've used the optical out on the aex (and macbook) with the apogee. Then it stopped working after I took the apogee to a meet. But the optical out on both still works with the dac in my luxman integrated amp, so it's the apogee that's being picky.

i figured as much. wonder what could have happened to the apogee that's making it so picky now.

i figured as much. wonder what could have happened to the apogee that's making it so picky now.

I don't know, but apogee tested it for 2 weeks and found nothing. So I'm hoping new cables fix it.

I wonder if it's a sample rate issue?

I'd think then it wouldn't work on the receiver.

Unless they just checked the coax or USB connections. Did you specifically tell them to check out the optical connection?

Yes, that's what I sent it to them for. Talked to them on the phone several times. Told them coax and usb worked, optical didn't. That I was using it with an AEX and macbook and sony optical out on my dat, and that none worked. They said they tried a number of things, and couldn't get it to fail...

Yes, that's what I sent it to them for. Talked to them on the phone several times. Told them coax and usb worked, optical didn't. That I was using it with an AEX and macbook and sony optical out on my dat, and that none worked. They said they tried a number of things, and couldn't get it to fail...

guess that only leaves the cable...

Tomorrow? Jeez, you canadians do things backwards. They've been playing down here since early september.

For the kids it did start around the same time as it did for you guys down there.

For me, well, we're just 10-15 guys (and a couple women) who rent out the ice to play pick-up hockey on weekends, we're not in a league or anything, it's all just informal pick-up games.