Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

hah thanks... i am so psyched, this has been my favorite somewhat reasonable car for awhile. I was considering leasing a car and sold my maxima last week. I came to my senses, and found out that i can actually afford the insurance on one of these... only 200 bux more actually. It's an 06 with 25k miles on it, not really loaded with options at all, but the 6 speed is real nice ;).

Already ordered this OEM part that will let me integrate my ipod into the stock system. Shouldn't really trick this one out like I did my maxima, well not at first haah.

Very nice Dusty!

I also got a watch today, Oakley D3

OAKD3CBSL.jpg

$25 shipped brand new! :dance:

Yeah, I considered their Blade II:

6901-345050-p.jpg

...except it was $450, and doesn't quite look the part to me. Now...if it was $25, I might think about it...

nice, love the all black
That was exactly the point, if you read the other thread.

And now that I think about it -- there's something about black numerals on a black face that makes it more black than just a black face without numerals, such as their "Player":

nxw131_BIG.jpg

I'm not buying anything for the rest of the day. Today is my company dinner, where my boss takes us out for dinner and pays for everything. Good food and scotch here we come.
Sweet. One of my two favourite types of food & beverages is "free".

Yeah, I considered their Blade II:

[img

...except it was $450, and doesn't quite look the part to me. Now...if it was $25, I might think about it...That was exactly the point, if you read the other thread.

And now that I think about it -- there's something about black numerals on a black face that makes it more black than just a black face without numerals, such as their "Player":

]http://4imgs.com/227/x/nxw131_BIG.jpgSweet. One of my two favourite types of food & beverages is "free".

well the only reason I got those was because of the price. I needed a watch I could go snowboarding with and not worry about damaging them

That is a REALLY interesting question. The E5 has a Zap Filter, so they sound remarkably similar so far - just now listening to some more precise stuff - there is a bit more (gag) 'air' and precision to the Azur, and I have yet to have any extreme 'Oh, shit, that is wild' moments. Of course, it has only been running for about an hour so far EXCEPT for Rhianna 'Breakin Dishes', which is just outstanding studio wizardry that only the upsampling seems to have brought out. Vocals are far smoother, both male and female - no tradeoff. Bass may be just a smidge tighter.

Just now creeping through Tool, where there are a few more artifacts and just absolute precise PRAT. While the E5 / Zap is accurate, the 840 has an extra degree of precision - just not sure how many extra decimal places, and not sure I can hear them all. The output is definitely less so I am cranking the BH to 12:30 where I usually listen around 11 or so.

Off to Alison Krause next, then DEVO and Zappa (Joe's Garage or Sheik Yerbouti) where there will be some artifacts to possibly uncover.

Finally, I just HATE the E5 transport, and could I have found a direct replacement would have likely kept it until the end of time. Now the question over the next year will be: Which mods to this player will have the greatest impact, and will I be able to notice?

Too bad the OPUS DAC I have is fucked on the right channel - replacement incoming, so I'll shoot them out later, with help from others.