What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

roast chicken with udon noodles cooked with garlic, red peppers, onions, celery, fish sauce, cajun spice mix, and thai chili garlic sauce (yah, it's a mish mash, but it's GOOOD)

(and this time the udon noodles weren't from a bag)

• Like 2

Went to the city for breakfast at the Little Goat Diner, owned by the same woman who runs The Girl and the Goat. Awesome breakfast - I had a Kimchee & Bacon & eggs & Pancakes Asian Style Breakfast Thing (actual name) and Debbie had a Parathas burrito - Indian flatbread, sunny side eggs, avocado bean salad & chili pepper sauce. And a big bloody mary for me. Yum!!

• Like 1

Yesterday, for lunch, as part of my birthday celebration, we went to Yountville, CA (I can see Al's house from here!—not really) to go to The French Laundry.

First time there, a lot of hype, etc.

If you've ever thought about it, just do it—you won't regret it.

I took no pics at the meal so that I could be completely present. It was an excellent decision. Happy Birthday to me.

• Like 3

Yesterday, for lunch, as part of my birthday celebration, we went to Yountville, CA (I can see Al's house from here!—not really) to go to The French Laundry.

First time there, a lot of hype, etc.

If you've ever thought about it, just do it—you won't regret it.

I took no pics at the meal so that I could be completely present. It was an excellent decision. Happy Birthday to me.

No pics... :(

My life goal is to better French Laundry.  If I can make enough money, I am confident I can do it. My knife and pan skills readily beat Keller.  Of course, he doesn't use a knife or a pan there.

That said, I wouldn't mind eating at French Laundry.  In that I really really want to.  MOA4?

As a second choice and far more reasonable on the wallet, I would recommend  Ad Hoc.  The food is excellent and creative, service is attentive and discreet and the wine pairings with each course are spot on.  I love Yountville, it is dead center to my favorite wineries.

As a second choice and far more reasonable on the wallet, I would recommend  Ad Hoc.  The food is excellent and creative, service is attentive and discreet and the wine pairings with each course are spot on.  I love Yountville, it is dead center to my favorite wineries.

35185727.jpg

To stay on subject, I made a shrimp and fish curry tonight.  It was worth trying, but I don't think I will use Chilean Sea Bass in this going forward.  I think Mahi Mahi may be my favorite so far in this application.

dsc02402i.jpg

Oh, and stumbled across a pic from dinner from a few nights ago.  Duck, duck, and more duck.

wp20130411001.jpg

Edited by cetoole
  • Like 1